This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Just been so uber busy and kinda not well. But I am back Missed everyone so much! x
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

omg...sweet potato fries with guacamole and greek yogurt, sauteed zucchini, and portabella mushrooms with brie.

I'm full.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Just got me some new incense and sage. I love things that are pleasing to my olfactory facilities. Ahh

Comment

JP got his payrise. This means that our wages are basically the same now! I've been taking care of savings, because I'm scared of the unpredictability of employment, but JP has said he'd like to help me out so I save less, but he makes up the difference. He just wants me to start spending on myself again. I already went out today and treated myself to a pack of chococat sticky memo pads, some royal blue tights and two new bows for my hair. Ooh, I might even get some new clothes.. This is exciting!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

first off congratulations to JP, I know you guys have been worried for a bit :P
            second, I wish I knew where to get hair bows, but I don't go shopping anymore, cause who can afford stuff?
            Post hair bow pics, and I shall live vicariously through Jembru :P
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
              I watched the sunset over water (Laguna Madre) last night and the sunrise over water (Gulf of Mexico) this morning.

If you haven't done this, I strongly recommend it.
              To repeat this... I live ~30 miles from South Padre Island, TX, where I can watch both the sunrise and the sunset over the water. In addition to a desert (or grassy desert, like my home on the Great Plains) sunrise/sunset, which is very possibly the most beautiful thing you can ever view... EVERYONE should watch the sun rise over water and set over water in the same day. Put this on your bucket list! Now. I'll wait.
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Trees. Really big ones.

Comment

I miss the ocean, whether it's sunrise, sunset or dead of night.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

A blue moon...

Comment

A good breakfast.

Comment

I cannot [re]post my 'breakfast in bed' comment, from another site, so I have to leave it far too vague and ambiguous.

"Breakfast" in bed.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

These two videos send chills down my spine. Carl Sagan and Charlie Chaplin were beautiful souls with genius minds.

I've lost count of how many times I've watched them, and yet I shed tears nearly every time.
                          They touch a deep, very human center within me that I so often forget exists.

Comment

My son looking out the window and saying, "Dada, can play in snow?" So little of what he says is unintelligible that I get excited when I hear most of a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                              My son looking out the window and saying, "Dada, can play in snow?" So little of what he says is unintelligible that I get excited when I hear most of a sentence.
                              How old is he now, Rafe? He's gotta be what, three?

Mostly art.

Comment

Haven't had any issues with anxiety for several weeks.
                                Makin' progress, ah yeah :yesss:

Comment

Working...
                                X