This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift runner, Mafdet

Em hotep! Time for a Mafdet fact and UPG thread!

What information have you found about Mafdet? Where did you find it? I also wondered if anyone has had any experience working with Mafdet? What do you do for Her- offerings, songs, rituals, etc? Tell me about your time with Her, how She appears and what She means to you, how you integrate Her into your everyday life. Do you have an image for Her/is She part of your shrine? What is your favorite depiction of Her?
    Everything I post is to be assumed UPG unless otherwise noted.

Re: Swift runner, Mafdet

Mafdet is the bed upon which the body lies as Anubus attend to it. Most often depicted as a cat head upon the foot of the bed. It's one of the few images and statuary items of I have of her. I have a statuary piece as depicted in the attached image.XHA3_012 1903 Chromolithograph Canopic Anubis Death Thebes Mummy Egypt Ceremony Embalming.jpg
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

You said "one of the few images...I have of her" - you have multiple images for Mafdet? What all do you have?
      What kinds of work have you done with Her? Any UPG to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Inucirrus View Post
        You said "one of the few images...I have of her" - you have multiple images for Mafdet? What all do you have?
        What kinds of work have you done with Her? Any UPG to share?
        Mostly the images are variants of the Anubus and body upon the Mafdet headed bed. The rest are sort of a executioners rod with a cat image upon the back of it. Those range from what is a single blade to what looks like three blades.

Here's the one statuary piece I have that's sold on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGYPTIAN-EGY...item4d0c7e094d

Mafdet herself is harder to describe. She almost always appears to me as an older cat that comes out of a sand storm or mirage. Almost like a panther in shape though her coloration is a dusty brown. If she talks at all it has to be telepathic for when I look into her eyes I hear a voice that is almost like I feel it. Not the voice of a young woman but that of an older woman that has a strength in it. On the few occasions I've seen her it's always been matter of fact and what is the right or correct thing to do. Sometimes she sits there smacking down scorpions or tear off the head of snakes, as if it is simply passing of the time while she awaits my answer. That and protection for she mostly appeared to me while I was on active duty and a sense of duty came with her.

It's hard to place some of it for like the mirage she comes out of at times she'll be the dusty looking panther other times her shape shivers and I find myself looking at what I take to be Bast or Pahket though the ears differ on them. Bast having long tapered ears where Pahket has shorter ears that remind me of a lions and not a wild cat.

Today I see her more as a pair of eyes that shine with an orange tint from the edge of a field. Occasionally a greenish tint to them but I know it's the same cat.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember who the artist is but here is a modern depiction of Bast , Sekhmet and Mafdet that I always liked.kissajumalattaret11.jpg
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It's nice to see someone else who has worked directly with Her. I appreciate your input and links greatly! It's interesting you see Her emerging form a mirage or sandstorm- I always do, as well. She appears to me as a melanistic jaguar, normally. Really, though, I feel that She is any number of wild cats.
          She is an old goddess and I really think She's just sleepy, patient, almost hibernating when she isn't working. When something needs done, She's full-force. Mom really is all-or-nothing xD

Comment

Working...
          X