Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haunted House, Maybe?

I hope this is in the right place!

There is a house in the town I work at that looks like it was built in the 1800s. It's gorgeous, all brick 2 stories, a huge columned porch, with some add ons. The house has a plaque on it saying it was part of historic Lavonia, meaning it's one of the oldest houses in town. It needs a lot of work. I drive by it every day and dream about owning it. Well Monday it went up for sale by owner. Yeaterday I pulled up to the house and got out.
    I was so excited to see it up close. I mean super excited. I looked at the sign to get the owner's number so i could ask to have a tour and I went up the path to the front porch.
    As soon as I reached the porch my good feelings were gone. I had a very strong feeling of someone watching me, like they were right on top of me. It was so bad that I actually called out to see if someone was there and backe up to see if someone was on the balcony. (It felt strongest coming from the balcony) No one was there.
    I peeked into one of the windows in the entry way and I was surprised. It had been abandoned in a hurry it looked like. Clothes and books were scattered all over, windows were left open. The balcony door was left open as well.
    While I was looking inside, I had the worst feeling that someone was about to either come down the stairs or come in from one of the other rooms.
    It wasn't a good feeling at all. I felt like I was NOT welcome.

I can sometimes sense when things are odd. I would say Im sensitive to sprits' presences, but I've never seen one other than what I've caught on camera. I've sensed something was there at my cousin's old house he bought and not long after, we caught a form on camera.
    I'm not psychic by any means, but I do think I'm a little sensitive.

And it doesn't make sense for me to be so excited about the house, only to feel very nervous and dreading moments later.

Here are the links to the pictures of the house that I took:

Well I was really curious as to the history on this house. I dug around online today and I found out that it is called the Cheek House and also known as the Rushton House. It was built in 1904, so I was wrong in my guess that it was built in the 1800s. There is almost no information on this house online, so I think I will hit the library sometime soon.

I did find a picture someone took of the house. The link is here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:....jpg#section_1

The film may be overexposed or something, but holy hell, look at the bottom right window and the balcony! That is so freaky, especially after experiencing what I did at the house.

I'm not sure if I should ask for a tour of the house anymore. What would you do? And have you ever had an experience like this?
    Do you get any kind of vibes from the pictures? I'm trying validate what I experienced, but I don't know where to turn.

Re: Haunted House, Maybe?

Are you willing to live with any ghost for the house? I grew up in a house built in 1885 and had a little boy ghost. He was actually nice but we were so scared of seeing him it's was creepy sometimes. Us kids all playing made it worse and he would show up when we played hide and seek, seriously. But he was easy to live with like I said. So it's up to you I guess. Great house, love the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      Are you willing to live with any ghost for the house? I grew up in a house built in 1885 and had a little boy ghost. He was actually nice but we were so scared of seeing him it's was creepy sometimes. Us kids all playing made it worse and he would show up when we played hide and seek, seriously. But he was easy to live with like I said. So it's up to you I guess. Great house, love the pics.
      I've lived with ghosts before, so that in itself doesn't bother me. It's just that I felt so uneasy and like prey while I was there. That's got me second guessing the house. It's gorgeous though.

Comment

It can't hurt to get a tour, still. I mean what if someone was actually there and you just happened to miss them? Or maybe it was just a one time thing. *shrug* If you're serious about considering purchasing this house, then I wouldn't recommend giving up just yet. The house looks gorgeous. If it is a good buy, it'll be gone in no time so don't let your hesitation make you fall behind. Get a view from the inside. Get a feel for the energy inside.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

About ghosts, personally I have never seen one. Perhaps I am not sensitive to detect them. Where I live(a senior housing building) there would no doubt be more chance of a ghost,Over 20 people were taken out of here in body bags while I have lived here(about 5 years) lots of very old people live here. Maybe they died peacefully and had no reason to stay after death,I don't know a lot about ghosts so perhaps people can relate their stories on the subject.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

We had something like that happen with this present house where we live. I went to see it with one of our daughters, and it was wonderful, and welcoming. Mr Penry went to see it and hated it - felt very much as you described in your OP.

That said, our home is extremely active. But to be honest, we can live with it. I'd recommend talking to the house - you don't actually have to be in the house to do that. And explain how much you have always loved it... maybe it just doesn't like sightseers.

As for books being strew everywhere.... my house looks like that all the time!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I love Tylluan's advice.

Your pictures of the house made me downright drool...are you considering renovating it with an eye towards the period aesthetic? I feel very similar love for Hensley/Northside neighborhoods just south of Japantown in San Jose, CA. A whole bunch of Gilded Age homes were all put up at the same time surrounding a few large manors. Many of them still remain, but some are in very poor condition, and many people don't like to live in the area--it's a lower crime bubble between a college and a rather rough neighborhood. Some people have started to put a lot of love back into it, and so I'm pretty sure they'll be far too expensive before I could ever consider living in one.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Sounds like the opening plot of A Haunting, on TV.

Jokes aside, I agree with what everyone else said, give it another chance and tour inside! There could perhaps be a bad energy lurking outside and just there? I had a friend who lived in the rural outskirts of my town and the far ends of her property were very haunted, but her actual home never seemed to be. So take a tour a review those vibes, that home is way too stunning to give up on so soon. The ghosts are probably just weeding out the easily scared.

Comment

Working...
                X