Weirdest thing you've ever wanted to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdest thing you've ever wanted to be

When I was eight I wanted to be a JUNKER (Like a cop, but they kill SNATCHERS.) like Gillian Seed from SNATCHER. (A game by the same guy who does Metal Gear.)

Other things I have wanted to be: A chicken sexer, dinosaur wrangler, gentleman thief, robot jockey, tomb raider, costumed vigilante, frontiersman, adventurer, deep sea colonist, and demonologist.

How about you?
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Re: Weirdest thing you've ever wanted to be

I wanted to be the first woman on the moon, but that isn't that weird.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

You are way more creative than I've ever been. My first answer to the "What do you want to be when you grow up" question was "A dentist." Then later a marine biologist. Then a chef. Then a sex therapist. And now here I am, working toward becoming a dental hygienist. I've come full circle, it seems.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

A mortician. Until I smelled formaldehyde for the first time.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

As a child I was an avid science fiction reader,and had thoughts of becoming the first to build an intelligent robot. times changed and that dream passed me by. Now I see on the SiFi channel they are doing "Robot fighting matches" Really,is this how we employee our best tech,freaking gladiator robots? I think we are so jaded that real progress becomes mass entertainment and has no other purpose than to amuse the public.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I wouldn't call those robots the best tech, I mean they're almost all basically heavy duty RC cars...

This on the other hand:

Is our best tech being used to amuse the public.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

A dinosaur. I genuinely thought I was going to turn into one, too.
              I also wanted to be an a female Indiana Jones who proved that fairies were real.
              I was an odd child.

Comment

A 00 agent.
                A medieval knight from the fantasy novels.
                A vagabond.
                A hippie.
                A Victorian lady.

I'd still love to be all those things. Will somebody pay me to carry concealed, wear Victorian boots, and live on a beach in California?

Mostly art.

Comment

The hippie thing is one thing I did in fact do. Did the drugs,went to love-ins,marched in peace rally's,hung out in crash pads.
                  I was so cool and all the crazy stuff you read about hippie's.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    The hippie thing is one thing I did in fact do. Did the drugs,went to love-ins,marched in peace rally's,hung out in crash pads.
                    I was so cool and all the crazy stuff you read about hippie's.
                    Bit of a derail, but I'm hoping to buy (in the next year or two) an old van, and then I'm going to travel across the States living in the back of it and park it on beaches, and mount a bike rack to the roof, and just drive and be a dirty hippie and ride my bike. For like a whole summer. My grandparents were hippies back in the 60s, and I've always been super enamoured by the lifestyle.

Mostly art.

Comment

Not all sweetness and light Vol,there was also the dark side to the trip. You had your SDS,and the Weathermen. Lots of times I heard the expression "Come the revolution" said by a LOT of people. Then there was Manson,and altamont with the Stones. people dieing from overdoses,or going off the hook from Acid. That time did have some good times,but also remember "What a long,strange trip its been"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

A princess, a ninja, a barbie, a Victorian lady that had a man that looked exactly like Brad Pitt as a husband, a vampire, a fairy, a ranger, a druid.

I've come to notice not much has changed since my childhood. I'd take any of these still.

Comment

I actually wanted to be R2D2 or some version of that little robot. Than it kinda changed as the years went by.

Comment

People used to ask me that when I was little. I didn't really want to "be" anything. I think at one point I said I wanted to be a lizard catcher.

Comment

Isn't that an actual job in florida?

Comment

Working...
                              X