Candle Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Candle Making

Can I use old candela, and how do I melt them down?

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
      Can I use old candela, and how do I melt them down?
      The way I melt my old candles is by breaking them into pieces with a knife and melting them in an old sauce pan on very low heat. You can stir them once they're no longer solid, this helps the melting process.

Once its liquefied, make sure to have prepared a glass/porcelain conatiner with a wick, in which you'll be pouring the candle into. When your candle is dried, you can either leave it in the container or take it out. To take it out, leave it in the freezer for 7 to 10 minutes, so it can loosen and slide right out.
      "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
        The way I melt my old candles is by breaking them into pieces with a knife and melting them in an old sauce pan on very low heat. You can stir them once they're no longer solid, this helps the melting process.

Once its liquefied, make sure to have prepared a glass/porcelain conatiner with a wick, in which you'll be pouring the candle into. When your candle is dried, you can either leave it in the container or take it out. To take it out, leave it in the freezer for 7 to 10 minutes, so it can loosen and slide right out.
        Wow good tip Found out that I have a lot of old ones, which I think would make some lovely new candels. Can I use a normal string or do I need special ones?

Comment

Wicks should be made from any kind of cotton twine, but I use hemp string which can be bought at most craft stores.
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
            Wicks should be made from any kind of cotton twine, but I use hemp string which can be bought at most craft stores.
            Thank you for the answer it is really helpful

Comment

Working...
            X