X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktails, Mixed drinks, and Mixology

Recipes, thoughts, ideas?

My favourite drink, which I shall humbly call the Denarius:

Take an old-fashioned or lowball glass, and fill it with vodka and olives. (At least five olives) Splash of vermouth optional.

That is also an interesting point; if there was a cocktail named after you how would it be made?
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Re: Cocktails, Mixed drinks, and Mixology

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    Recipes, thoughts, ideas?

My favourite drink, which I shall humbly call the Denarius:

Take an old-fashioned or lowball glass, and fill it with vodka and olives. (At least five olives) Splash of vermouth optional.

That is also an interesting point; if there was a cocktail named after you how would it be made?
    I typically drink black Russians when I'm out and about, at parties I'm usually mixing shots... Flaming b52s layered in a shot glass Kahlua, Irish creme, and grand marnier.. Ignite. Always blow out flaming shots before you drink them... Lol

Bazooka Joe is a popular shot, and the purple mother f***er... but I don't remember the recipe offhand...

Then there's the blood of Satan... Grenadine, jagermeister, cinnamon schnapps.

And if a drink was named Dufonce after me, oh god... Run. And now I'm going to have to try it too... Crap... 1 part jagermeister, 2 parts hypnotiq, 2 parts southern comfort, with a Bacardi 151 floater, set on fire. Once I try it I'll have to post if it turned out OK or if it's a terrible mess lol
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Favourite drink? Wine, red and dry, red and sweet, or white and dry. Alternatively, mead, or scotch, neat.

I'm not much for mixed drinks, but I do like a proper old fashioned.

Mostly art.

Comment

I drink to get drunk. I'm not picky.

Tonight I'm having whiskey and Coke.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

If they named a drink after me, it would have beer in it. And then more beer.

Comment

Mostly art.

Comment

I have a few drinks we do regularly (though that can mean over several years.)

First off we have the bloody screwdriver.

4 ounces vodka.
              2 ounces triple sec
              2 ounces boones farm fuzzy navel
              1 shot of grenadine.

Then theres Fruit Punch.
              2 ounces each of:
              Strawberry Pucker
              Apple Pucker
              Cherry Pucker
              Grape Pucker.
              2 ounces tequila.
              Mix with ice and drink.

The Mangler.
              4 ounces Hot Damn!
              2 ounces Aftershock Cinnamon
              2 ounces Whiskey
              2 ounces cherry juice
              2 ounces gin.

Sweet and Sneaky.
              4 ounces peachtree.
              2 ounces rose wine
              2 ounces triple sec
              2 ounces lemon flavored vodka or vodka with lemon juice.
              1 tsp sugar

enjoy

Comment

i'm usually too lazy to mix drinks myself if it takes more than two ingredients. But I've played around with Drinkify before. Fun website... interesting suggestions. http://drinkify.org/
                In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Since I barely drink liquor anymore, I have to quote:

Originally posted by Vicariousparabol View Post
                  If they named a drink after me, it would have beer in it. And then more beer.
                  When I was drinking liquor good old fashioned screwdriver- more vodka than juice.
                  For the aesthetic I like Absinthe (the whole process, other wise it's just green stuff that does nothing, at least the stuff we get in America).
                  Sake Shooters- favorite warm sake in 6 oz of cold Sapporo- CHUG! (At least 3 in 30 minutes)
                  'Irish' Car Bombs- half and half Bailey's Irish Cream and Jameson Irish Whiskey in a cup of cool Guiness Draught- CHUG! (At least 3 in an hour)

If there was a PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos drink, the government would illegalize it right away and the Vatican would lock the recipe in their vault of Way Too Much Knowledge... actually not, because I have no idea how to mix drinks.

Since I have made beer before I would just make a beer named after me which would be quite simply:
                  Heavy draught (nitro preferably if I had the equipment so it's smooth) with cannabis extract (once I learn the process). The content has to be at least 11% in a 22 oz bottle. No exceptions or no psychic anarchy would ensue to the preferred degree.

Comment

My current favorite fruity drink: a shot of apple pucker in a glass of Lindeman's Framboise~

I often find that the best drinks are those that I've invented at parties while already slightly tipsy and that's one of the examples. xD

Comment

I like fizzy water with a splash of pomegranate syrup.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

BLOODY MARY (one that I saw being made, I never have all the ingredients and can't seem to make it right)

- Thick tomato juice (thin juice is always my complaint)
                        - VODKA
                        - Pepper, Celery Salt
                        - Splash of Guinness
                        - Garnish with a pickle/pickled okra

DEVOUR. Because it's a liquid salad.

Mostly though, I go for whiskey. Just whiskey. Gimme a shot glass and some water and I can go to town!
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I do not generally mix anything. There is a really good German honey bourbon that I found at Mickey Finns.. when I get my check later this week I am going to get a couple of those... it's called Barenjager Honey Bourbon. Imported like everything else I drink. I also like beer and ale but for that I usually drink Guinness.
                          Last edited by FrankishPride; 18 Jun 2013, 15:05.

Comment

Mmmm grog... Uni taught me some good ones, in particular the flaming waterfall... I got no idea what's in it, but you light it on fire, pour it from on high into a shot glass, cover the original,glass with a coaster, blow out and drink the shot, then snort the vapours in the original glass...

woah

i like wine, I will try anything but I do have my favourites. All ales, mead and scotch.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

An oldie but goodie:

Take a highball glass and put a few icecubes in it. Then put a shot (or two!) of at least 20 year old scotch over the ice. Then fill the rest of the way with your favorite soda quality soda. I find handcrafted root beers and such are excellent for this purpose. If on a budget you can use younger scotch and something like coke or A & W root beer, but you'll get out of it what you put into it. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                              X