Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LizardMind's Public Pagan Journal

Entry #1 - Self Dedication 2/24/2013
    Performed a self-dedication ritual, mostly according to the self-dedication found in Buckland's Blue. Beforehand I took a short bath of salt (both table and epsom). I added a call to the guardians of the elemental watchtowers, and made specific goodbyes to them when I snuffed their candles. The elemental candles were white tea-lights that I drew elemental symbols on each. I'm not even 100% sure I got the directions proper. Many fumbles and bumbles were had, especially verbally. I sometimes felt uncomfortable using the words Goddess and God, and alternated them for "Universal Energies" or suchlike. I don't know why I did that. Also feeling a bit nervous about my girlfriend coming home to find the altar in the living room, enough though she not only knows of and approves my choice, but wants to learn as well. I also don't know why that is.

The Good
    1. Easily visualized the light around my body expanding to fill the circle.
    2. Easily visualized the energy from #1 directing through my arm to light the blue flame as I drew the circle.

The "Needs Work
    1. Space was tiny. Stepped out of the circle on accident due to size.
    2. Didn't feel anything when the BBB said I might. If I did, it was subtle and taken for other things.
    3. I had no name for myself yet, so I said those words and.. had no name. I fumbled a bit and asked to be provided one.

So all in all, not a terrible session. I'm definitely rusty.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention my anointing oil.

Recipe: Crisco Vegetable Oil, Bay Leaves (x3), Cinnamon Stick

Re: LizardMind's Public Pagan Journal

Entry #2 - Birthday Presents! 2/26/2013
    For my upcoming birthday, my girlfriend took me to a local "metaphysical" store, which was awesome. I actually felt a little bad at the amount of money she spent on me; people spending money on me, especially if it's over, say, 10$, is still offputting for me. I found myself very overwhelmed by the sheer amount of "stuff" that there was there. So many books, herbs, oils, tools and trinkets that we spent around two hours there. She bought me some great gifts, including a crescent moon pentagram which reminds me of my dad's signature. He put his name and a crescent moon inside of which was a pentagram. Putting it on made me feel both good, and a little strange.

I put my censer to use immediately, and I smudged our balcony with blue sage, which was locally grown, which I thought was kind of a neat bonus.

I got frankincense, myrrh, dragon's blood and sage. Four candles, each of which a different color; red, blue, yellow and green. They were made for a specific spell but each seemed to fit into the paradigm of the elemental watchtower it would be used for.

She got two books as well, and a fairy star necklace. Apparently she the idea of fairy magic is calling to her.

Also, as a sidenote, as some of you may know the first spell I did was a minor candle magic spell to attract money. I burned the remnants and it seems to be working. I won't give too much detail, though. Not wanting to jinx things.

I'm starting to think that I've made a very positive change in my life that will reflect outward.

Take care, y'all!

Comment

Entry #3 - Communing With Water 3/19/2013

I performed my own ritual to invoke a single element and began to take a spirit journey.

It started out real jumbled. I had entered meditation through my usual means. Images of water and how it has affected my life camme and went like a fast moving stream. I felt Water. Capital W. I settled into a beach. All I could see was water. And I ran into it. Then, I was in front of a pond, crawling out of the water covered in those tiny pond plants. It was VERY still water. The water was dark, but clean. I met something there. It was very unnerving. Made of clear water, with one face that looked left and right at the same time, like one of those horror movies you see. I watched it. I felt it change its mind on something and it faded away. I watched the pond and I was suddenly under a waterfall. I felt every bricklike water drop hit me as I was directly beneath it. I dove into the pool of water beneath the waterfall, and felt the ripples the fall was making under the water. When I surfaced I was surrounded by water, like I was in the middle of the ocean. I felt compelled to dive the whole time. So I did. I dove deep into the blackness and found caves. I was actually, and literally concerned about whether or not I could still breath so I took a physical breath to remind me. I swam deeper exploring the cave and found an airpocket cave. It was brightly lit and shimmered like there were gold and jewels there. I felt the urge to dive, so I turned away from it and dove deeper until I found a black hole. This hole frightened me because, for one thing, I was not going to be able to come back. For a second, I was afraid of literally, physically drowning if I went through. I pressed on in spite of this fear through the tiny little black hole in the water. I found myself in a dark cave. It felt like a sphere of rock filled with water. I swam in place as a bright, electric-looking orb of pale blue formed in front of me. I watched it and felt it watch me. Suddenly, it felt familiar and slammed into me. I felt it electrify me as it became one with me. It was ecstacy and pain all at once. Suddenly, I felt the blood rushing through every vein and my eyes opened. I stared at the candle I had lit to ask that the element come and said goodbye.

Comment

Entry #4 - Communing with Fire 3/25/2013

Complete yet incomplete.

Comment

Working...
        X