The last pope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last pope?

I remember reading about a prophecy by St. Malachy concerning the Pope's. It seems some people are taking this as a sign of the end of the world(Again??) I put no credence to such things,but my only concern is people that will consider this to be true.

People seem to have the habit of wanting things like this to be true,and my concern is that some people will react in unpredictable ways because of this prediction. We can only wait and see what happens with this.

People have done some very bad things for much less reason. This seems to have hit the web big time as this story says. Your thoughts and perhaps your predictions on just how crazy this may go.

Just a quote from the story.

"The end? This could be the beginning for a doomsday meme that hangs over a whole generation, if it's taken seriously. There's already a 586-page book about the coming apocalypse, titled "Petrus Romanus." One theologian, Michael K. Lake, is quoted as saying that "Catholic and evangelical scholars have dreaded this moment for centuries."
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: The last pope?

The world has ended so many damn times according to these people.
    The best we can do to prevent people from doing stupid things in reaction to the newest end of the world prediction is to expose why this sort of reasoning doesn't make any sense.
    If they won't listen to that- and many of them probably won't- not much will stop them.

Comment

Mark something or other - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

My theory is, if I ignore it it may go away.

So far no one here has thought anything about the end of the world... small favors.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
        X