This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the fish.

I can tell my presence here is not wanted. For a place that seems all about being open, forgiving and kind.. I've found the exact opposite. This sucks, considering I was hoping on finding friends and people to share my path with here. I suppose I must have been mistaken.

I guess a lot has changed since I practiced last.

Re: Thanks for all the fish.

You haven't been active long enough for the site membership en masse to have an opinion one way or another. You annoyed several people in one thread. Far as I know that's it. You're also interpreting a comment from V in the worst possible light before she gets on site to explain. Not the greatest of moves but not a crime. We've had several longstanding members that were highly respected and pissed off a hell of a lot more people in vastly more creative ways than you have.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm not going to sit here and try to persuade you to stay. Some of your posts have been, honestly, kind of rude and when you were called out on it, you got defensive and thought we were attacking you. If you get that easily offended then I can't help you there. But you have to realize that we're all real people with real feelings so when you say something rude, people are going to react.

Paganism doesn't mean we're all sunshine and rainbows.

You're welcome to stay and continue to participate if you have second thoughts about leaving.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

In this particular case, Masked is right. (who am I kidding? Masked is usually right!)

You misunderstood something I said. I posted from my phone, and I'm usually brief when I do that. If you'll go back to the thread, you'll see I explained myself.

But you have come in here, upset some people, and then decided that WE'RE the ones at fault. You've been here long enough to be an acquaintance. You're probably not even on the radar of some of our less frequent members yet. If you stay, you have the opportunity to make friends, but if you go?

You'll fade into nothingness for us like the rest of the low time posters that disappear. It's your choice to stay or go, but we're not trying to make you go.

Mostly art.

Comment

You also have to keep in mind that this is a fairly small community. It's not like some other areas of the internet where you can reproach someone rudely and then everyone forgets about it because there's several hundred people on the page at any given time. We're a pretty small community 'round these parts.
          Anyway, as far as I'm concerned you're still welcome here, and nobody's kicking you off the forum. But you gotta understand that if you behave aggressively, people may very well react in kind.

Comment

I don't think we've even met yet.... and as for your comment that this forum 'seems all about being open, forgiving and kind...' it is. But that doesn't mean it's dumb, supine and spineless. People often confuse the two....
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

What am I supposed to say to this? Of course you wouldn't persuade me to stay. No matter how small the forum is, doesn't mean you have to act like that. I've gotten negative rep and messages about it, so i's not that I'm easily offended, it's that others are. I haven't had a second thought about leaving and this thread really hasn't changed that. Of course you wouldn't try to persuade me to stay. Why would you? Seems a little too nice of a thing to do, doesn't it?

I haven't come in here and upset some people, and that sure as hell wasn't my intention. My intention was to make friends and learn. I made one post in the direction of someone I found to be asinine and got hate for it. Hell, I got more shit responses from that one post than I have for any positive ones I had made. I was here before the thing switched over and came back hoping to find some friends. I have not found a friend here and I sincerely doubt that I will, if today is any indication. And don't worry, I don't fade into nothingness just because I abandon a place that obviously could care less whether I stay or go. And that's the point isn't it? To find places where people want you around? This obviously isn't it.

I posed an aggressive post to someone (Masamune) that I found to be aggressive. Yet, I was the one who caught flack for it. If you say that I catch bad reactions because I acted that way, then why doesn't anyone else catch it for acting that way to me? Doesn't seem right.

Tylluan: We haven't met. I doubt we will. I never called you dumb, supine or spineless and it's rude to assume that I have. Forgiving and kind would have been a completely different situation had you actually acted the part. This was not, however, the case.

All in all, I reacted to what I thought was an aggressive post by someone who was offensive to begin with, and I got nothing but shit for it and no one, not a single person, bothered to ask me why I felt so strongly. I just got bad rep, people telling me I'm aggressive and basically showing that my original post was spot on. My presence isn't wanted here and not a single post has shown me otherwise.

Most of my posts have been more productive and curious than aggressive and rude. But that's all anyone see's, huh? It's cool. You don't have to convince me to stay. I may stay or I may go. I won't whine about no one bothering to tell me they'd like me to stay, but I admit, it might have been nice to see. As I stated, I wanted to make friends here and apparently one single post, due to one terrible morning and reading one post that I took as offensive did me in. Nice.

So again, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                X