Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The orange candle mystery.

Hello friends!
    Recently, I became attracted to the idea of having an orange candle. I saw one at Big Lots and wanted to purchase it and I knew I wanted it for some purpose. Later, I actually purchased a small orange taper because something compelled me to purchase it and have it on hand.

I do know that they are most often used to represent warmth, motivation, endurance, law, creativity, selling things and ambition overall.

The mystery here, and what I'd like your opinions on, is why I might look for an orange candle! What are they used for? Why exactly do you think I felt so compelled to acquire one?

Re: The orange candle mystery.

Colors have very different significance depending on what culture you are consulting. I'd suggest looking around at different color systems and seeing which one feels right to you. For example, the colors of the chakras, wiccan color meanings, etc. etc. Good luck

Comment

Orange, to me, basically means "stimulation." Another commonly attributed keyword is "attraction." Being a mixture of red and yellow, it also shares certain aspects with those two colors. Red is a stimulant also, but orange is softer, and like yellow, is commonly thought to represent happiness.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

I've actually been doing that exact thing. The best I can come up with is this:

1. Color orange representing job progression. I would live to have a better paying job, not just for myself but for my family. It is a core part of me now, getting out of this popcorn stand (literally) and into a job that I not only enjoy, but can support my family on.

2. Sacral Chakra: Sex is obviously something that's been on my mind a lot lately. ie. Having more of it. But I don't know if that's really the answer I'm looking for here. Plus, wouldn't red be a better color for sex? Perhaps balancing the want of sex and the other parts of my life. I don't know.

Aaaaand.. that's kind of it. I'm suspecting that I'll use it to attract a better job. Possibly in conjunction with a green candle to attract wealth. Money is kind of a big thing around the house, especially lately and especially with me. It's frustrating for me. So maybe the orange candle is calling out to me as if to say "Hey. Use me and I'll help you find a better job!"

Perhaps, perhaps not?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clive View Post
        Orange, to me, basically means "stimulation." Another commonly attributed keyword is "attraction." Being a mixture of red and yellow, it also shares certain aspects with those two colors. Red is a stimulant also, but orange is softer, and like yellow, is commonly thought to represent happiness.
        Perhaps that's the key. I haven't been all that happy lately.

For me, when I first felt the "urge" to get an orange candle, I felt the god represented a bit. More specifically, the sun. Perhaps "represented" is a bad word to use. Perhaps something more like when I looked at the orange candle, I felt a male presence not unlike the god, but I also felt the presence of the sun as well (if that makes sense).

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMind View Post
          I've actually been doing that exact thing. The best I can come up with is this:

1. Color orange representing job progression. I would live to have a better paying job, not just for myself but for my family. It is a core part of me now, getting out of this popcorn stand (literally) and into a job that I not only enjoy, but can support my family on.

2. Sacral Chakra: Sex is obviously something that's been on my mind a lot lately. ie. Having more of it. But I don't know if that's really the answer I'm looking for here. Plus, wouldn't red be a better color for sex? Perhaps balancing the want of sex and the other parts of my life. I don't know.

Perhaps that's the key. I haven't been all that happy lately.

For me, when I first felt the "urge" to get an orange candle, I felt the god represented a bit. More specifically, the sun. Perhaps "represented" is a bad word to use. Perhaps something more like when I looked at the orange candle, I felt a male presence not unlike the god, but I also felt the presence of the sun as well (if that makes sense).
          That's where the difference in tradition comes in. Chakras, while commonly borrowed by Wiccans and New Agers, are a Hindu idea. And yet, red is indeed often used to represent passion and sexuality in modern spellcraft. Orange I can see, too, since I see it as a stimulant. If you would like to work a spell to get more sex and red makes the most sense to you, then that's what you should use.

As for working a spell to find a better job, it sounds like an orange candle would work well for you. Again, orange is often seen as a general attractant, and is sometimes thought to be a lucky color. You also say that orange makes you think of solar energy (which I happen to agree with), and the Sun is often said to rule wealth and employment.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Yeah -- I'd see orange as confidence.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Orange is my favorite color. I like orange A LOT. That is all. :P

Comment

I've done some Shaman's Tarot readings and they've pretty much pointed me to that. Green candle to draw money, and the orange candle to represent the ambition, creativity and drive to make it happen. So I'm thinking I should write a ritual depicting me gainging access to a new job and having the confidence to go through with whatever it takes to get there.

Vicarious: I'd rep you if I knew how.

Comment

Working...
                X