Odd Happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Happening

After coming home from the gym today, I discovered a large ball of deep grey fur next to my computer. meanwhile, my cat is black. I own no other animals, and I compared the fur to my cat and it looks completely foreign. Really got me wandering, what grey animal walked in here and dropped a ball of fur? I know most of you cant answer this because, well what can you say? Just thought I'd share the oddity.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Re: Odd Happening

Maybe your cat ate a grey rabbit and dropped a massive hairball?

Comment

lol, or a furry grey mouse?

Comment

Exactly. :P

All I know is when my cat was a little kitten she used to bring home all manner of living/dead/whole/partial remains of creatures she toyed with....

One of which was a rat with its back ripped open that she left on our front porch one winter night and it sort of... froze... there.... for 5 months until the spring thaw came around....

Not to mention the 6 live baby mice she brought into our house, the live bird she brought into our house, and the nest of baby bunnies she decided to ... visit...

Comment

It could be your cat, actually. Black cats have white or grey undercoats, except for Bombay cats, which have black undercoats. Even if they look completely black, if you look under their fur, you'll see the undercoat. I don't know, maybe you do have a Bombay, but I was guessing not, because they're not so common and they're pretty expensive (pedigree cats).

Comment

Huh, do you live with anyone else? If so, they might've left it there.

Comment

Ghost cat hairballs. It's a thing.

Take a picture of it. Might have been lint. Like Iflew says, do you live with anyone? Perhaps the cat has a grayish undercoat? Or maybe it was a partially digested hairball?

Could be anything without actually seeing this mystery furball.

Comment

Working...
              X