Ghost in Baby Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost in Baby Monitor

A few weeks ago, my daughter was crying in her crib so I went in, soothed her, and went back into the living room where my husband was holding the baby monitor. He was telling me something that I was halfheartedly listening to when all of a sudded an opague circle, about the size of a half dollar, appeared in the monitor. It's movement was swift, not like a moth or fly, etc. It started at my daughters feet and then moved towards the top of her head where it stopped. For about a second it remained there untill it zoomed off out of the monitors view.

Last night I had a similar encounter, except this time it didn't seem to pay any attention to my daughter.

I"ve had encounters with one or more spirits in this house. I know whatever it is is not evil/has bad intentions - I've been around "bad" entities before - I've just never experienced an entity quite like this one.

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned even if I don't "feel" anything bad?

Re: Ghost in Baby Monitor

If I saw anything like that messing with my daughter, the entire room would receive a cleansing and banishment. No question.

Comment

Well, if it makes you feel better then you could do some protective work around your daughter, but I wouldn't worry too much. I'm not a great believer in banishing unless things get out of hand. It's quite possible for us all to live amicably together on the various different planes/worlds. It might be worth speaking to it and setting down a few ground rules - you'd be surprised how often that settles things!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I guess I'm a bit overprotective when it comes to my daughter. Your way would be more peaceable, but I'm rarely peaceable with anything that has the potential to harm my daughter.

Just saying.

Comment

Thank you both for your inputs (:
          I will think about each of them and consider the best option.

I am over protective of my daughter, but am also a believer in coexisting if there is no problem. I'm a little at war with myself, lol.

Comment

Understandable! To me, if a spirit or whatever it is has cognissance and understands a minutia of human or animal instinct, they'd know better than to mess around with a small child, especially with the parent(s) watching. They would understand the urge to protect that comes with mother and fatherhood.

That's why I would not hesitate. I seek to emulate nature, and nature, when its kids are messed with, is a furious storm.

There is merit to the coexisting, however. So good luck and let us know what you decide!

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
              Well, if it makes you feel better then you could do some protective work around your daughter, but I wouldn't worry too much. I'm not a great believer in banishing unless things get out of hand. It's quite possible for us all to live amicably together on the various different planes/worlds. It might be worth speaking to it and setting down a few ground rules - you'd be surprised how often that settles things!
              This, unless things get a little too weird. I won't overstep my bounds here, but as a child I had a few ghost "friends" who came to me once in awhile when I was having... let's call them issues. :P When I couldn't talk to anyone else. They seem to be drawn to children, often even in a benevolent way.

Comment

^ Ditto to this.

Spirits and entities are always attracted to babies. Babies also seem to have a natural immunity to malevolence.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Perhaps I should mention here that it's all a question of balance. I don't believe that spirits and entities are our natural enemies. And children often learn a great deal from having them around. If their motives were questionable then I would call them out on it - but otherwise, no. What gives us the inherent right to go round banishing things we don't even understand?

Now that said, anything that jeopardised my child's safety is quite another matter. Hell hath no fury like a Tylluan in protective mode....

Comment

If I were you, I'd just do something simple to put my mind at ease. Put something made of iron, like a skillet, in your child's room, or hang a small pouch of dill in the crib, out of reach of baby, of course. You can hide these things for the time being if they would irk your husband. Either one will protect the child from malevolent spirits.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                      If I were you, I'd just do something simple to put my mind at ease. Put something made of iron, like a skillet, in your child's room, or hang a small pouch of dill in the crib, out of reach of baby, of course. You can hide these things for the time being if they would irk your husband. Either one will protect the child from malevolent spirits.
                      Thank you (:
                      This is perfect. I can have my cake and eat it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Aonani View Post
                        Thank you (:
                        This is perfect. I can have my cake and eat it too!
                        Salt and sage work too.

Comment

One of my favourite methods of cleansing an area is to ring a bell. Our house has a lot of them, including a huge one from an old, defunct chapel. Every few weeks Mr Penry uses it to cleanse the mountainside....

Comment

One of my favourite methods of cleansing an area is to ring a bell. Our house has a lot of them, including a huge one from an old, defunct chapel. Every few weeks Mr Penry uses it to cleanse the mountainside....
                            I like bells too myself. Nothing cleanses an area like a clear ring from a bell
                            Circe

Comment

Why the belief in it being a ghost right off that bat? It could have been a guardian spirit or even a type of fey. I've been doing paranormal investigations and generally if you do not feel threatened, it most likely isn't something to worry about. However, as others have suggested protection works can be done but I suggest you make sure to say that guardian spirits are still welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                              X