Crystal Cleansing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Cleansing Question

I bought a strand of crystal quartz beads today and need to cleanse them. I know you should either use sea water or sea salt, but I have neither. I do, on the other hand, have black hawaiian sea salt - would this do the trick? I assume it would, but figured I'd ask before submerging my crystals in something other than what is recommended.

Thanks for your time (:

Re: Crystal Cleansing Question

You can also set the strand outside for twenty-four hours... Hold it over a candle's flame.... Run it through incense smoke... Or circle it with citrine.

Best of luck!

Comment

It's sea salt, no? It should work fine. Try it and see. Post results for general information!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Ah, I didn't know there were other methods - thank you very much!

Comment

Submerged in sea salt, or under running water. Leave it to sit in the light of the sun OR the light of the moon, cleanse it with smoke/fire/incense (although to be warned not to put crystals INTO a flame)

And with quartz you are fine, but some crystals contain water in their molecular structure and shouldn't be submerged in water for more than a few hours at best (opal, gypsum, etc)

the more you know!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Aonani View Post
            Ah, I didn't know there were other methods - thank you very much!
            you can leave it laying outside so it can be rained on, for cleansing.

Comment

I set mine out in a bowl to get some sunshine, usually with some oil splatters on them, handful of flowers/herbs, etc. Then I pour water over them and let the moonlight have 'em. Then I bury 'em usually in the dirt but sometimes in salt. Then I wash 'em off and let them dry in the sun!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Submerged in sea salt, or under running water. Leave it to sit in the light of the sun OR the light of the moon, cleanse it with smoke/fire/incense (although to be warned not to put crystals INTO a flame)

And with quartz you are fine, but some crystals contain water in their molecular structure and shouldn't be submerged in water for more than a few hours at best (opal, gypsum, etc)

the more you know!
              Rock girl should make a list of crystals you can and can't do things with... :>
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I have heard of a few different methods for cleansing crystals.

- leaving out in a days worth of sun
                - lay them out under a full moon
                - natural running water source (rain, river etc)

Just be careful with some crystals when it comes to using water sources. One of my tumbled stones went funny after I cleansed it in rainfall.
                There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                William Wordsworth

Comment

Any running water generally does the trick. I prefer natural river water, usually. But since I don't have a river in my backyard, I typically just use tap water.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I don't cleanse my crystals I just put them on my altar or other space I like or they like and just infuse them with daily energies, whether it be love or gratitude. I think just paying attention to them like you would to a pet is all the cleansing you need, unless you get really bad vibes, then a traditional cleanse is wise or if you want to use it for a specific purpose (cleanse, charge, set aside in dormant area or use right away).

Comment

Working...
                    X