Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your one moment when you realised the world had changed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your one moment when you realised the world had changed.

What I mean by the title is this: What and when was something created that made you think "This is something I thought would never happen" as in a new invention(like the personal pc) I have lived a while and have seen this several times,but what is it that made YOU think "The future is here!"

What one thing made you go "AHHHHHHHHHH" "WOOOOW"
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Your one moment when you realised the world had changed.

- Justin Bieber's popularity
    - Google Glass

Mostly art.

Comment

When people started texting each other while in the same house.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

The world has changed a lot in the 18 years I've lived, but MY world, MY surroundings have not changed at all. It's sad.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

How Facebook is more socially acceptable than calling or stopping by.

Mostly art.

Comment

The 3D printer.

But the 3D printer was what blew my mind. It didn't seem to be a far cry from making cool plastic models in your own garage to making new organs.

3D-Printed Ear

So many things are no longer sci-fi.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

3D printer blew my mind too. It sounds sci fi.

Comment

When I walked out of a starbucks and saw another starbucks.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I think I'm still too young. Cell phones and personal computers were pretty much on their way up when I came of age, and I was still young enough when the internet started that I don't really remember a world without it. Maybe that kid that was cured of aids a couple of weeks ago? Or the commercial flights into space (though no one seems to have actually done that yet).

Edit how did I forget about the 3D printer? I change my answer...that one.

Comment

I know it sounds backwards, but what I think the most amazing thing about time moving forward is how cyclical things seem to be. How we are always fighting a "new" battle, for rights or oil or whatever else we want to fight over. But the real telling thing seems to be how that has evolved, what we "fight" for, and who we seem to be fighting, watching the different movements come and go, seeing the actual climate of the world change... that is the wow factor for me...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      I think I'm still too young. Cell phones and personal computers were pretty much on their way up when I came of age, and I was still young enough when the internet started that I don't really remember a world without it. Maybe that kid that was cured of aids a couple of weeks ago? Or the commercial flights into space (though no one seems to have actually done that yet).

Edit how did I forget about the 3D printer? I change my answer...that one.
                      You must have had access to computers well before I did. The first time I ever touched one I must have been about 10, and I didn't own one until I was 16, and even then, it wasn't really mine. I remember the days before Youtube, and before I had access to the internet. They were better days, in some ways.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        You must have had access to computers well before I did. The first time I ever touched one I must have been about 10, and I didn't own one until I was 16, and even then, it wasn't really mine. I remember the days before Youtube, and before I had access to the internet. They were better days, in some ways.
                        My biggest issue is children with cell phones... It breaks my mind, sure I suppose there's safety, but if your child needs a cell phone, WHERE IS THE FRIGGIN ADULT? sorry, mini rant...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          My biggest issue is children with cell phones... It breaks my mind, sure I suppose there's safety, but if your child needs a cell phone, WHERE IS THE FRIGGIN ADULT? sorry, mini rant...
                          Hah, yeah! When I was in Vancouver last, I was supervising a group of children (age 8-10) and a solid 75% of them had camera phones at the very least. THAT blows my mind. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was 19 and could afford it myself.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Hah, yeah! When I was in Vancouver last, I was supervising a group of children (age 8-10) and a solid 75% of them had camera phones at the very least. THAT blows my mind. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was 19 and could afford it myself.
                            I was 17 and I only got it because I had just gotten a license and a job and my mother wanted a way to get a hold of me when I wasn't home. *shrug*
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I can't think of a single thing! Haha..

Comment

Working...
                              X