This twitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This twitch!

My lip and eye have been twitching for three days now!

It's driving me CRAZY.

Re: This twitch!

Ok, cool? Good for you?

Comment

Why would that be good for me? O_o

Comment

I fail to see the purpose of this thread..... 0.o

Comment

I fail to see the purpose of quite a few threads, but that doesn't mean I get to immediately dismiss it.

Maybe someone here has insight as to identifying the cause of said twitches or things that can be tried to alleviate them.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Try drinking more or less caffeine. I get like that when I've had a non-optimal amount.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

My brother used to have a twitch like that whenever he got depressed. I don't mean to prod around in your emotional life, but if you're going through some emotional stuff right now, that could be the cause of it.

Comment

Thanks for all your insight.

That's why I started the thread, for those of you who saw it as pointless.

I was told it was either potassium or stress. Having taken potassium supplements...

Comment

If you have a decent diet, the culprit is more than likely stress. Work on some regular relaxation techniques, and give it a few weeks. Try to work on the stuff that is stressing you out, so that it stresses you less.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Thalassa: I had considered that it was stress but I'm at a loss as to how to bring my stress level down. I medicate and do relaxation techniques but it seems like my whole life works against the work that I do to relax. I am even on an anti-anxiety medication due to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMind View Post
                      Thanks for all your insight.

That's why I started the thread, for those of you who saw it as pointless.

I was told it was either potassium or stress. Having taken potassium supplements...
                      haha Well you never said you wanted insight as to why you were twitching, how to stop it, or if it was a general rant.

- - - Updated - - -

Thalassa: I had considered that it was stress but I'm at a loss as to how to bring my stress level down. I medicate and do relaxation techniques but it seems like my whole life works against the work that I do to relax. I am even on an anti-anxiety medication due to it.
                      Sometimes, it's simply a lack of sleep. That's what happens to me, I get an eyelid twitch for a week on end and then I sleep 18 hours.. and it's gone.

Comment

I can't even imagine what 18 hours of sleep is like.

Comment

I can't even imagine what 18 hours of sleep is like.
                          Oh, I can. It's godly, absolutely godly, I say.
                          If you could find enough time to sleep that much, it just might rid you of that pesky twitch.

Comment

I'm a stay at home dad who works on his girlfriend's days off. Sleep is a joke. One that I laugh at very, very sadly.

Comment

Hrm... maybe it's time to demand a paid vacation? *wishful thinking*

Comment

Working...
                              X