Board problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board problem?

Could someone please tell me how to add paragraph breaks to my posts? Sometimes I write long ones, and it seems like, no matter what I do, I can't get paragraph breaks into the posts. Thanks for any help!

Re: Board problem?

What browser are you using?

Specific browser software can sometimes have strange effects.

Also are you trying to indent paragraphs or just put a line break between them?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I use Firefox, and I'm just trying to put a line break between using Enter. I've never have a problem like this on any boards I've been to, but have used Firefox for years. Perhaps I need to search my enabled/disabled scripts. That had not occurred to me.

Comment

hmm, I don't have firefox on this machine. Give me a moment to download it and then I can find out if it's a browser thing or if you've got a setting off somewhere.

Your profile setting shouldn't be causing it since I'm getting line breaks pretty easily and I switched over to the text interface your profile is using.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a test of Firefox's text interface.

This is only a test.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Okay, going to check and see if changing a script permission helps.

Here's my line break.

And here's another to check.

I use noscript firefox addon, so maybe that's the problem.

(Ok, that seems to have fixed it, as far as I can tell. I permanently changed that script preference)

Comment

ninja'd

/10char

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              ninja'd

/10char

Having allowed that script, I also just found out PF has a shoutbox, lol.

Comment

yep, allowing Javascript permits your system to interface with full fledged programming code (I'm biased against html and css) which can create potential issues but it allows a lot of functionality that isn't available otherwise.

Comment

Yeah, I'm kind of militant about what I allow. I just really don't enjoy reformatting, lol.

But I'm sort of excited about the shoutbox, since they're talking about minecraft!

Comment

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                    Could someone please tell me how to add paragraph breaks to my posts? Sometimes I write long ones, and it seems like, no matter what I do, I can't get paragraph breaks into the posts. Thanks for any help!
                    Are you asking because the posts go into the moderation queue?
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      Are you asking because the posts go into the moderation queue?
                      No, no. Some randomly seem to do that.

The problem I was having was that I couldn't do an "ENTER" and create paragraph breaks on many posts. It would all post as one big long unseparated paragraph, which I found frustrating.

I am new, so I understand some going into moderation. It's only logical to help keep spammers at bay.

(PS, sorry for putting it in the incorrect forum, I missed this being a "ask questions" forum)

Comment

The posting system uses Javascript Juni. Her browser was set to ban certain Javascripts and it screwed over her posting ability. Once she turned JS back on, it solved the line issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X