Easter Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Eats

So I got invited to an Easter dinner next Saturday, and...I'm not sure what to bring. I usually try to bring some kind of vegetarian/vegan side dish, but traditional dishes are something I struggle with as a non-meat-eating human. So far, I'm thinking homemade samosas, or dolmathes, but neither of those really belong at an Easter table.

What are you guys cooking for Easter?

Mostly art.

Re: Easter Eats

I'm going to make regular potato pancakes, as well as sweet potato and apple ones (those seem more autumn to me, but I thought they'd be fun to try). Also deviled eggs and glazed carrots. We don't really do anything interesting for Easter, just a ham, mashed potatoes, biscuits, veggies... that sort of thing. Oh, and I'll probably make a flourless chocolate cake for dessert.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Hot German potato salad, I've been making this for my wife's family every Christmas and Easter for the past twenty five years at their request. I also helped make the fresh kielbasa with her uncle that will be served along with the ham at dinner.
      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

My Family is half Czech. Most my holidays are celebrated in the Irish tradition accept for Easter which is full of all sorts of strange sausages, breads, fish, and egg dishes it's all pretty great.

I have a vegetarian Aunt who always brings a spinach pie, its always a big hit.

Comment

I just found out we're doing Mexican for dinner. It's my roommate's family, and his grandfather married into a Mexican family (second marriage - my roommate isn't Mexican) ...so, since his father grew up in Mexico, we're doing Mexican, I guess.

Well, problem solved. I got told to bring homemade salsa and a dessert!

(I'll hoard all the devilled eggs for myself!)

Mostly art.

Comment

I have no idea what we are doing...I actually work all weekend because so many people took it off!!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X