I'm doing research and I'd like your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing research and I'd like your opinions

I am in the first phase of a project that I am working on with a group and we are looking to capture information on how different people and groups view morality, particularly what people believe is taboo or a "sin". A sin could be anything to anyone: violation of societal norms, violating the law, violating religious ideals, or violating the ideals of a community. There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and we are looking to collect from a diverse group of folks.

There are comment boxes if you do want to add more detail to your answers, but you can complete the survey without filling in any comments. It's pretty simple - just review the statements and check off the ones that you feel are a "sin" or a violation of some law/ideal. We are not collecting names, email addresses, or personally identifying information and individual results are not shared with anyone outside of this project, so anyone who takes the survey can be assured of their anonymity. There is some demographic information near the bottom and that is really to give us a sense of whether is any sort of pattern among various groups.

If you take the time to complete this, I would be tremendously grateful to you all. If anyone is interested in these sort of philosophical questions, there is going to be a second phase to this project and I'll definitely be looking for people who would be interested in something like a one-on-one interview about their thought process. No judgements are made, we are not out to disprove or prove anything about morality, but rather looking to explore what it is and what it means to various people.

Thank you for taking a look and feel free to contact me!

I wish I could post the link, but for some odd reason, the site isn't letting me.

I am in the first phase of a project that I am working on with a group and we are looking to capture information on how different people and groups view morality, particularly what people believe is taboo or a "sin". A sin could be anything to anyone: violation of societal norms, violating the law, violating religious ideals, or violating the ideals of a community. There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and we are looking to collect from a diverse group of folks.

There are comment boxes if you do want to add more detail to your answers, but you can complete the survey without filling in any comments. It's pretty simple - just review the statements and check off the ones that you feel are a "sin" or a violation of some law/ideal. We are not collecting names, email addresses, or personally identifying information and individual results are not shared with anyone outside of this project, so anyone who takes the survey can be assured of their anonymity. There is some demographic information near the bottom and that is really to give us a sense of whether is any sort of pattern among various groups.

If you take the time to complete this, I would be tremendously grateful to you all. If anyone is interested in these sort of philosophical questions, there is going to be a second phase to this project and I'll definitely be looking for people who would be interested in something like a one-on-one interview about their thought process. No judgements are made, we are not out to disprove or prove anything about morality, but rather looking to explore what it is and what it means to various people.

Thank you for taking a look and feel free to contact me!

I wish I could include the hyperlink, but the site doesn't seem to want to do that just yet. You can access the survey by putting this into your browser:

[info removed]

Re: I'm doing research and I'd like your opinions

We do not allow links for newbies because we are actively fighting spammers. Please review the forum rules as this fact is stated there. I have removed the URL info. If our members want to partake in your survey they can

A) contact you via private message for the URL or
    B) you can become a contributing member of our forum and repost the link.

Once you reach 15 posts, the restrictions on posting links is lifted automatically and you can update this thread by making a reply post with the link.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: I'm doing research and I'd like your opinions

Appending a point to Juni's statement. Posts in the intro section do not add toward your total for this purpose. Saying hi to 15 more people will not shift you out of the new member group.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
      X