This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good news on cancer breakthrough

While this is still being studied on mice,it shows very promising results.

Newsmax.com reports today’s news headlines, live news stream, news videos from Americans and global readers seeking the latest in current events, politics, U.S., world news, health,finance, science, technology reports, republican, democrat, libertarian.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Very good news on cancer breakthrough

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Human testing it says will begin within a year.
    I don't know if my sister-in-law has a year left to wait for this.

Great news for the cancer community as a whole, though!

Mostly art.

Comment

This is awesome! Stuff like this always makes me emotional
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

That's amazing

Comment

That sounds cool, but mouse treatment often poorly translates to human treatment. Many ways have been devised many ways to cure or prevent Alzheimer's in mice but have failed to show benefits in humans.

And, by the way, aren't amygdalin (laetrile, vitamin b17) and capsacyin efficient alternative non-drug remedies for cancer cells?

Comment

I'd be more enthused if it weren't for the fact that articles come out every year or so touting some 'ground breaking' cancer treatment soon to begin testing, most of which never seem to materialize. Not much point getting worked up until they're finished with clinical trials and ready to release it.

Comment

That's amazing news....

Comment

Thank you for sharing such an amazing thing cancer is something that causes really inapproprioate things with the body so i guess its necessary for us to have knowing about all these things.Having this kinda knowledge can really be useful.

Comment

I was following this CD-47 issue a while back, when they found the 'abnormal' levels of it in certain cancer cells. With this latest development, in the protein studies, it appears to be irrefutable proof that studies do, in fact, show progress over time. Just a few years ago, it was like, "Hey! We found a suspicious protein that we might be able to do something about!" Then came the leukemia studies and tests and, now, it's a handful of other cancer types.

It won't come soon enough for a lot of people. My daughter, for instance. But in the fight to find a cure for cancer? We're gaining some ground! Which is great news! Even though it's only a small step, in the big picture.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I haven't seen anymore on this,but I do hope that this proves fruitful.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well, I found a thing about this dated March 2012, so they aren't doing things very fast. Seems like they would fast track something with this kind of potential.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                        Well, I found a thing about this dated March 2012, so they aren't doing things very fast. Seems like they would fast track something with this kind of potential.
                        'Fast track' to us is prolly measured in weeks or maybe months, I think. A 'fast track' for cancer research could seriously be over a decade, I imagine.

It was back in '09, shortly after Alissa passed (so, likely late spring up into mid summer), that I saw the stuff on cancer proteins. Roughly. No clue, whatsoever about when the leukemia thing was brought to my attention. But we're closing in on 5 years, already, on that particular train of studies.

It really reminds me of a certain breakthrough that scientists found in ocean life, a few years ago. I don't quite recall if it was a coral or a crustacean that was found to have serious anti-cancer qualities. The point, however, I think, is that the search continues and advances are forthcoming. Far more so than they were even just 10 years ago.

*shrug*

I think I've already used up my daily allotment of optimism...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm thrilled to see this!!! As a cancer survivor and someone with a vast family history of cancer it gives me hope that should I get cancer again at some point in the future I may not have to endure chemo again! Woot!

Comment

Working...
                          X