Your "Wild Domain"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your "Wild Domain"

So many of us love talking about the places we go sit, worship, reflect, and commune with the Gods. Recently I've felt compelled to share mine, and it'd be cool if you did to.

Re: Your "Wild Domain"

Pretty neat place. What state is that in (If you live in the states. If not, then my bad.) ? Reminds me of Kansas.
    Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

I go next door to my uncle in law's and aunt's property and just enjoy the birds, trees and wind, or just sit and stare at the mountains in the distant. If I feel like enjoying a beverage and conversation, me and my father will just walk around the property and talk. It's also where I work, so I get to make some money as I enjoy the beauty and peace of being outside.

I also just go to my 'backyard' (a small fenced in area just outside my house) that has my training equipment and alter. It's my training space so I feel very comfortable and close to nature their, even though the dirt is covered by a synthetic covering. If I am inspired I have a wooden altar my father made me so I can go out any time and do a ritual, which is very rare these days. But yeah, lot's of birds chirping and flying through the neighbors tree that overhangs over my little area. It's nice.

Comment

Your post Clemens made me go seek mine out ^.^
        My beach is always a place where I feel welcomed and where most of my connection with Nature is, other than my own small potted garden.
        I love being there, they are my lands. The people that visit are often very wealthy and love to flaunt it. I take great satisfaction in that I don't have to do that.. it's my land.

There were so many places along the Esplanade that I could have photographed today, but I chose this place as I hadn't seen it before. The beach is always evolving.

My beach is covered in the volcanic rocks you see except for a few little places of respite. They were placed there by the Kanakas who were forced to clear the flat land for farming. Although the formations are not natural, they create special places for sea life to be put on show.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          The people that visit are often very wealthy and love to flaunt it. I take great satisfaction in that I don't have to do that.. it's my land.

My beach is covered in the volcanic rocks you see except for a few little places of respite. They were placed there by the Kanakas who were forced to clear the flat land for farming. Although the formations are not natural, they create special places for sea life to be put on show.
          First off, I feel the same exact way. My woods have a plethora of public paths, open to Mountain bikes, four wheelers, atv, etc. Not that I don't appreciate those things in their own right, but I to enjoy coming to the forest just to simply be there, even if thats sometimes a half mile walk off any path.

And secondly, that's a beautiful place Az, I can see why you are drawn to it.

Comment

I love to wonder off in any wooded area and I especially love going up to northern Michigan whether it's Corbin's place or way up in the upper peninsula. Woods and water have always been my "Church" of choice.
            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I just wander out the back door. If I walk off my acreage, I can get lost in the hundreds of acres of state forest that I back onto.

A lot of space. It's easy to hide from Monk there...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                I just wander out the back door. If I walk off my acreage, I can get lost in the hundreds of acres of state forest that I back onto.

A lot of space. It's easy to hide from Monk there...
                I'm so jealous. I live on a third floor, and have no yard whatsoever. However, I am grateful for what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                  I'm so jealous. I live on a third floor, and have no yard whatsoever. However, I am grateful for what I have.
                  Yup - That's how I used to live. It took a lot of work to get out here into the boonies, but it was worth it...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X