Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meditation and speaking to the Gods (namely Hecate and Brighid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation and speaking to the Gods (namely Hecate and Brighid)

Hey everyone!

I've been working with Hecate for about a year or two now, ever since I wrote a short story where she took a larger than intended part and, though I've been kinda touch and go, she has always seemed okay with that. She whacks me when she needs attention and she lets me go when she doesn't want anything out of me.

Lately (I'd say in the past few weeks) I have been feeling a subtle nudge or poke from Brighid. Now, I've always been interest in the Celtic Pantheon, and when I was first starting in my practice I worked with certain Gods, none of which was Brighid.

Anywho, I guess I wasn't paying particular attention to Brighid and what she wanted, she seems so... deliberately quiet, because Hecate smacked me upside the head with a "This is a Good Fucking Idea and you need to get on it now." Now, I know that I need to find a way to work with them... together.

I just have no idea how to do that, and I'm also getting the feeling that I need to somehow get to a point that I can talk to them. I want to meditate, but I honestly feel like the way that I would normally do that isn't quite right, usually it's part of a ritual. I just... I've never meditated to specifically speak with the Gods.

What do you guys think?
    Any advice, lessons learned, or ideas to help me along would be greatly appreciated!

Tamina

Re: Meditation and speaking to the Gods (namely Hecate and Brighid)

I love Hecate, and one of my bests friends was named Bridget, a definite positive fire in my life. It's funny, on Easter (Ostara) I thought about Brighid (also on Norse Gods, mainly Thor, and the Greek god Apollo) and felt I should get closer to her. I haven't thought much about her since then until this thread.

I have the same relationship with Hecate. I am very much 'tough and go' as you say, and she never seems to mind, and she definitely gets the point across when she needs to.

When it comes to experience, I find that doing a ritual with a scrying mirror is a great way to get in contact with her, just don't do it outside of a ritual setting, at least from my experience. I meditated in front of my new black mirror and just chanted her name while gazing into the mirror for about fifteen minutes. I just got really sad. I still don't know why, but that is why I would suggest only using the mirror in ritual format. On a positive note, there was an instance when I was walking home down my street at night and a black dog ran up and started barking. I was pretty scared. I called to Hecate 'psychically' and as soon as I was done asking for help, a jeep pulled up and asked if I needed help and the driver told me how to handle the dog so I could get on my jolly way home. After the experience I realized just how powerful she was and how much she really does care for me... even if I am distant and question the gods.

Comment

Working...
    X