Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclectic connections

Hello all,

I am finding myself open up to a more eclectic path. I was mainly into Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism). I will always be a worshiper of Shiva and Shakti. I am opening up to accept other Gods, goddesses, and Divine beings. I would like to know how others upon the eclectic path have experienced their variety of pantheons. Does anyone have a connection with Gods and Goddesses of multiple traditions? I think this is obviously yes as there are those on the eclectic path, but I would like to know specifics. For example do you have a connection with lets say with Brigid and also Freya etc...

Re: Eclectic connections

I have connected with deities over several pantheons, some of whose identities I'm still uncertain of as they don't match any of the "profiles" of known deities. I worked with Freya for a long time, and have recently begun to get to know Persephone. It all depends on your personal approach to deities, whether you see them as sentient beings operating only within a specific group or pantheon, or as part of the whole meaning that it does not matter from which region or tradition they originated.
    sigpic

Comment

I am glad to hear that you have experiences of multiple deities. It helps me in my endeavor to seek out these divine figues. My problem is I get too caught up with names and concepts. I sometimes feel bad (this is an illusion i believe) of using various pantheons, but for me I cannot help it since I cannot stick with one particular tradition. I fill some sort of feeling for Thor, but my worship has not been consistent. I also find interest in deities of many tradition and wish to work with them. I will probably start out slow with just a couple or a few.

Comment

I have many pantheons, or individual deities, that I work with, or should I say that work with me. I am also a mutt and I believe learning your cultures spiritual beliefs and practices are important, although I also hold dearly deities that have no cultural relation. I have personal connections to too many deities to list here, but I also did in depth study of various cultural theologies over the years, various magical and energetic modalities, meditations, reflections and a few rituals. The pantheons that I internalize are: Sumerian, Egyptian, Hindu, Greek, Norse, Irish, Eight Daoist Immortals and Angels, although now I view angels more as messengers or archetypes of the deities/emotions than their own pantheon.

I don't consider Buddhist pantheons to actually be pantheons because I don't view Buddhas as deities, just enlightened masters of past and present.

The deities that I hold closely/hold me closely I am beginning to learn more about and their roles in my life and right now the specifics are very private.

Comment

I have experience in this. I, for a while now, have been in a rut between Christianity (became Christian 8 years ago), Hinduism (the deities, peace, karma, all paths enlightening), and Wicca (which I have always dabbled in since I was younger with my Abuelita for peace and meditation). I then decided to take aspects that apply to me from Hinduism and Christianity (Ganesh, karma, Jesus, Mary, 10 Commandments, Jesus's teachings, Bagavad Gita, etc.) and combine them with the Wicca that I realized I always practiced. I am still deciding on my patron God/Goddess pair, but I may expand to the entire Hindu pantheon when I pray for certain things (for example Saraswati for knowledge, etc.) and also worship Jesus as my God knowing that there is actually one Supreme Being represented by these deities. It's complicated, but so simple. I also practice Tarot divination, spells, etc. You also do not have to be a witch to be a Wiccan and vice versa. Thus, why I call myself an Eclectic Wiccan.

Comment

As we discussed in a different thread, I feel strongly drawn to Hinduism, Lord Shiva, in particular. I also feel connected to the Green Man, Anubis, Horus, the Mushroom Spirits, and The Mayan Goddess of the Moon in both of her aspects. I've recently become quite interested in the cosmologies and myths of the Oceanic islanders. The Polynesian concept of the primordial underpinning of the universe named Tangola speaks to me especially as it ties into my mystical Buddhist/Hindu leanings. I incorporate certain Eastern practices into my life, such as meditation. I've attempted to make several mandalas, but it didn't work out too well, haha. I'm going to give it another shot one of these days. I was raised in an Orthodox Christian home, and some of the archetypes of that religion's mythology still speak to me, especially those of the resurrection, Anna, Lazarus, and Mary. I certainly wouldn't consider myself Christian, though. Although Jungian psychology isn't a religion, many of Jung's ideas about archetypes, self realization, and the unconscious have played an important role in my spiritual development, and they will probably continue to do so for quite a while.

Comment

Not only is it normal but I’ve heard of, and am currently experiencing, times in which a God or Goddess you have worked with for years will “pass you on” to another God/dess in a different pantheon, like a student going to study with a different master in college. If your torn in too many directions and don’t know where to start I recommend asking your current Gods and going from there.

(or you could roll a D20)
              I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
              because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
              I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
              for a might have-been has never been,
              but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Working...
              X