Herbal dream tea recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbal dream tea recipe?

Does anyone know a tea recipe for helping induce more vivid dreams?

Re: Herbal dream tea recipe?

Add some mugwort, about a teaspoon or so ought to do it. Just add it to an herbal you are fond of, this stuff works.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Yes, I mix a teaspoon of mugwort with night time tea, or on occasion, I'll strain a nice fermented cider through mugwort a couple of times, once or twice in a night. If you're using mugwort, it wont work as well as you want it to at first, but slowly work it in your routine and before you know it you'll dream at a whole new level on consciousness

Comment

I've been meaning to use some mugwort and for some reason haven't gotten around to it. I am also going to be growing mugwort in my herb garden, but until then I will get some from my local Honey Man store The cider idea sounds really good, I should try that as well to make it extra relaxing.

Comment

You could try Calea zacatechichi - the famous dream herb.

I've tried it, with mixed results.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.c...atechichi.html
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have another question....is there any tea I can give my husband - he has extremely vivid and often terrifying dreams (former law enforcement)

Comment

I'm not sure of a specific tea but if you and your husband don't have allergies to it I might recommend burning some cedar incense. A pretty good herb I can think of for keeping away nightmares can be hyacinth. You can sew it into a dream pillow or it can be made into a tea. Again try to be careful if your not sure if you are allergic to certain herbs. If I think of anything else I will try to let you know

Comment

This is a recipe for "Dream Tea" from Scott Cunningham's "Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews."

2 parts Rose Petals
                1 part Mugwort
                1 part Peppermint
                1 part Jasmine Flowers
                1/2 part Cinnamon

Mix and add one teaspoon per cup of hot water. Personally, I recommend brewing herbal teas for 15-20 minutes. I have taken this tea several times (substituting rose hips for the petals and spearmint for peppermint) and recall having some pretty vivid dreams.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by chris1987 View Post
                  I'm not sure of a specific tea but if you and your husband don't have allergies to it I might recommend burning some cedar incense. A pretty good herb I can think of for keeping away nightmares can be hyacinth. You can sew it into a dream pillow or it can be made into a tea. Again try to be careful if your not sure if you are allergic to certain herbs. If I think of anything else I will try to let you know
                  Thanks so much! I'll see if he'll agree to try one of these things...

Comment

I realize this is old, but here's my personal blend for this kind of thing:

2 parts baihao yinzhen pearls, or another white tea
                    2 parts lavender
                    1 part mugwort
                    1 part dried fruit (optional, this is mostly for taste, but can also be for color... a pleasant, sweet taste will promote sweet dreams )

I would definitely use lavender over jasmine if it's about dreaming, especially vividly. If you're just wanting peaceful rest or relaxation, I'd use jasmine. Plus the lavender will create a beautiful purple tea.

Comment

I just started to drink mugwort tea tonight but I have read that it can be toxic in large quantities. How often can I drink it without having to worry? (I just made a 12oz glass with about a teaspoon and a half of it)

Comment

Working...
                      X