Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women health issues (The public version)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women health issues (The public version)

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=687.msg10976#msg10976 date=1289252345]
    At least you don't -have- to alter your cycle. Mine's so messed up on its own
    [/quote]

Mine was very messed up too.. I never knew if the cycle was gonna be 1 month + 1 week or 1,5 months or nearly two months.. Well, now that I take mini-pills I don't have a cycle at all (uhm.. well, in theory I do have, at least that's what they say, it's just not showing anywhere). But I don't really know which is better (or worse), because now I don't have to be cautious about 'those days' but my skin gets quite bad when my body doesn't purify itself once in a month or two.

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=687.msg10976#msg10976 date=1289252345]
      At least you don't -have- to alter your cycle. Mine's so messed up on its own

I hate my body a lot sometimes. Because it clearly hates me.
      [/quote]

Not at all. I've got PCOS so my cycles are wonky, too. Two years ago, I was having a period every three or four months. After I gave birth, they were perfectly predictable - for about three months. Then I didn't have one again for about seven months, even after I stopped breastfeeding him at four months (not voluntarily). Now for some reason they're closer together and the last three have been exactly 26 days. WTF?! :

There's just something about tricking the body into not going through it's cycles that freaks me out mentally. I'm not against it or anything, it's just that the concept kind of weirds me out.

Comment

I only have "my time of the month" every four months now. It's because my hormones get so out of whack when I do have it that I'm literally crazy for 3 days. My docs have tried everything, I've done homeopathic, and herbs and all that, but I think what I really need is just to have some alone time during those days. So for now I just skip it and every 4th month or so I go ahead and deal with it, and give major warning to everyone out there. I still have mild symptoms but that's all.

My stepdaughter started out on the nuvaring and she loved it. She moved out on her own and stopped using it in favor of something cheaper, but the ring was really better for her because she wouldn't have to remember it every day.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=687.msg11050#msg11050 date=1289260443]
          Not at all. I've got PCOS so my cycles are wonky, too. Two years ago, I was having a period every three or four months. After I gave birth, they were perfectly predictable - for about three months. Then I didn't have one again for about seven months, even after I stopped breastfeeding him at four months (not voluntarily). Now for some reason they're closer together and the last three have been exactly 26 days. WTF?! :

There's just something about tricking the body into not going through it's cycles that freaks me out mentally. I'm not against it or anything, it's just that the concept kind of weirds me out.
          [/quote]

That sucks :-/
          And I totally agree....you shouldn't do anything to your body that you're not comfortable with!

Comment

I got a gyno appointment for tomorrow, which is a little earlier than I planned, but usually I called and it takes like a month for them to get you in, and I need to figure out what I'm doing with the pill I'm on because my prescription has only one more month left. I might start my period tomorrow though, which might be both good and bad, because on one hand it's hard to see anything with the bleeding, but on the other it should just be sort of spotting and since I'm starting to cramp up a lot already and I'm all swollen maybe she'll be able to see if anything is going on (or not). I might also get on the track to getting a laparoscopy sooner.
            I'm surprised they could see me tomorrow. Someone must have cancelled their appointment.

Comment

Every time I see this thread, I read "Women health issues (The pubic version)" and snicker.

That is all.
              The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

[quote author=Madness link=topic=687.msg11580#msg11580 date=1289408682]
                Every time I see this thread, I read "Women health issues (The pubic version)" and snicker.

That is all.
                [/quote]

I did too LOL

Comment

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=687.msg10931#msg10931 date=1289248025]
                  Im too scared to get the implant, plus, my cycle was all over the place before i started taking microgynon, so i think i'd have to take the pill as well as have the implant so it just seems abit moot to have something stuck in my arm when im protected with the pill.
                  As for being the worst one for side effects, i didnt have any at first, ive been on it for 5 years, i am starting ot get headaches and feeling crap but i dont know if thats die to circumstance or to the pill. Anyhow, i like being on this pill cause my sisters on it too, so when if either of us runs out before we can get to the doctors we just steal a months pack from eachother.
                  [/quote]

Oh I know it works fine for some people ^_^ Just in my own experience, and from talking to my mates who started on Microgynon, they all had a crappy time with it too. I dunno, maybe it's just us Geordie lasses! XD
                  "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

I used an IUD for several months after my second child was born, but the bleeding was so heavy that the Dr. removed it.

After baby #3 I had my tubes tied, it was a c-section, so I figured they might as well while they were in there :P.

Now, I am still getting horribly heavy periods and I am hoping to get the lining of my uterus lasered off. Anyone had that done?
                    any advise?
                    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=687.msg12855#msg12855 date=1289703577]
                      Now, I am still getting horribly heavy periods and I am hoping to get the lining of my uterus lasered off. Anyone had that done?
                      any advise?
                      [/quote]

From the research I've done for myself, if you have endometriosis or PCOS, ablation isn't recommended. The uterine lining can grow back & scarring from the ablation causes complications in endo & PCOS.

If you're going to get it done, there's a new procedure using freezing instead of heat that looks promising:

http://www.advancedobgynassociates.c...ion-menses.htm
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=687.msg12855#msg12855 date=1289703577]
                        any advise?
                        [/quote]

My mom did...I'll have to ask her how bad it was, I wasn't around at the time, I think I was deployed or underway.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=687.msg12856#msg12856 date=1289706097]
                          From the research I've done for myself, if you have endometriosis or PCOS, ablation isn't recommended. The uterine lining can grow back & scarring from the ablation causes complications in endo & PCOS.

If you're going to get it done, there's a new procedure using freezing instead of heat that looks promising:

[/quote]

Yeah I was told this as well. They still do it, and try to control it growing back, but it still can.

As far as I know though, nothing has been totally effective in completely stopping it from growing back. But I have yet to go to the endometriosis clinic (I've been referred to an endometriosis clinic and research center for a laparoscopy and then going from there). So maybe there's stuff I don't know about (yet).

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=687.msg12856#msg12856 date=1289706097]

[/quote]

Thanks! (for the link)
                            I don't have endometriosos or PCOS, just really heavy, painfull periods . Because of my age, the lining is less likely to grow back but I just can't deal with it anymore. I have had to deal with this for over 30 years now, (minus pregnancies and nursing time) and i have just had enough. I will ask the doc about the freezing for sure!

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=687.msg13115#msg13115 date=1289763780]
                              Thanks! (for the link)
                              I don't have endometriosos or PCOS, just really heavy, painfull periods . Because of my age, the lining is less likely to grow back but I just can't deal with it anymore. I have had to deal with this for over 30 years now, (minus pregnancies and nursing time) and i have just had enough. I will ask the doc about the freezing for sure!
                              [/quote]
                              I might have skipped previous posts about this. You know I keep seeing those commercials for heavy bleeding. Something with a chic sitting and it's raining rose petals. Have you tried medication first?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=687.msg13308#msg13308 date=1289807488]
                                I might have skipped previous posts about this. You know I keep seeing those commercials for heavy bleeding. Something with a chic sitting and it's raining rose petals. Have you tried medication first?
                                [/quote]
                                I am not sure what medication that add is for, but I have been on several oral contraceptives over the years and nothing really helps. Usually when I am on the pill I bleed for the whole month, it is light, but always there. I go see the gyno tomorrow so hopefully I will have some answers soon .

Comment

Working...
                                X