Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women health issues (The public version)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women health issues (The public version)

I've noticed some breakouts only on my chin...where my chin hits the water in the pool.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I had another random mood swing today. But luckily I just got publicly angry at the weather. I'm not 100% sure if it was that or just no-sun blues (which can sometimes make me equally crazy, and it's REALLY dark as well as cold. The clouds in this city are black and awful), but I feel crampy and weird so maybe. I'm not due to get my period until the week after next but I'm not on the pill right now so it could easily be a week early and here on monday, and I'm going through some vicious non-pill pms.....

Or maybe black clouds are making me crazy. I don't know. I almost feel more unstable when the weather is like this in the summer than winter. Maybe because what gets me through the winter is knowing that summer will come, but if summer doesn't come, it's just going to be ages of dark and horrible after

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I've noticed some breakouts only on my chin...where my chin hits the water in the pool.
        I'm feeling it must be the pool water for me too. But I am using some witch hazel stuff that the chemist recommended and it seems to have helped.
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

The chlorine messes with your skin's natural chemistry, dries out your skin and all-round makes you more susceptible to breakouts.

...I'd recommend a moisturizing cleanser in general, but specifically after your swim, and a moisturizer in general.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Pool water will definitely make you break out - rinse it off with fresh water ASAP after exiting the pool. Also, if you get sweaty and it dries on your skin, the stuff that comes out of your pores & tries to get back in will break you out. When I do my long walks in hot weather, I bring along both damp and dry paper towels, and mop off my face a few times along the route, as needed.

On another note, I personally think BC pills are a dangerous health hazard. Mess with your hormones, and you change who you are. Plus, they do not protect against diseases at all. And, when they first came out, they were much higher-dose than needed, women went off them & had babies right away, with hormone-affecting chemicals washing over the fetus, and we had a huge surge in the gay population.........just saying. Don't get mad at me. I'm not the least bit anti-gay, and this is just a casual, anecdotal observation, not backed by anything scientific.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              On another note, I personally think BC pills are a dangerous health hazard. Mess with your hormones, and you change who you are. Plus, they do not protect against diseases at all. And, when they first came out, they were much higher-dose than needed, women went off them & had babies right away, with hormone-affecting chemicals washing over the fetus, and we had a huge surge in the gay population.........just saying. Don't get mad at me. I'm not the least bit anti-gay, and this is just a casual, anecdotal observation, not backed by anything scientific.
              I've been on various types, strengths & dosages of birth control pills since I was 12 (and I'm 37 now) - and I'm the same basic person. Women have been using various types of plant hormones and substances to prevent conception for thousands of years. The science behind it has come a long way since the 60s - most birth control pills now are extremely low dosage, using hormones that a woman's body produces naturally, with very few side effects, and the biggest danger involves women who smoke while on them.

Homosexuality has also been around for thousands of years, millions if you count the other animal populations, and has absolutely nothing to do with birth control. I knew I liked other girls (and boys) by the time I was 10 - before I even got on birth control.

Do yourself a favor and do some in-depth research before spreading more ridiculous rumors and conjectures.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                I've been on various types, strengths & dosages of birth control pills since I was 12 (and I'm 37 now) - and I'm the same basic person. Women have been using various types of plant hormones and substances to prevent conception for thousands of years. The science behind it has come a long way since the 60s - most birth control pills now are extremely low dosage, using hormones that a woman's body produces naturally, with very few side effects, and the biggest danger involves women who smoke while on them.

Homosexuality has also been around for thousands of years, millions if you count the other animal populations, and has absolutely nothing to do with birth control. I knew I liked other girls (and boys) by the time I was 10 - before I even got on birth control.

Do yourself a favor and do some in-depth research before spreading more ridiculous rumors and conjectures.
                Sorry you think it's ridiculous that hormones shape the person. I clearly stated that it was just my opinion, and anecdotal. It has nothing to do with the homosexual person having been on the pill, but rather their mother, maybe even their grandmother. Chemicals in the environment are changing people in many ways.
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry you think it's ridiculous that hormones shape the person. I clearly stated that it was just my opinion, and anecdotal. It has nothing to do with the homosexual person having been on the pill, but rather their mother, maybe even their grandmother. Chemicals in the environment are changing people in many ways.
                  I thought it was pretty ridiculous. Of course everyone knows it was the boys playing with dolls that made them gay. Duh.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sorry that was kind of a dumb thing to come out with.
                    Birth control does have side effects, but so do all drugs we take, from pain killers to diabetes meds. ALSO if you were given any sex ed at school you know that birth control does not protect from STI and HIV, but if you are in a long term relationship and on birth control then that isn't (or rather shouldn't be) an issue. You obviously don't know much about birth control. Condoms are also flawed, but you aren't ranting about them...

ALSO can you give us some links to evidence of your statement. Birth control= gay children? Hmm... Seems fishy to me. x
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

It's a rather interesting conjecture...but if that were the case, the first rush would have been in the 30's, born of flapper mothers. What about the huge underground gay culture during the late 19th Century, too? Seems to me much more like cultural changes in the 70's led to awareness of what had always been there.

I agree that we don't know what all playing with the bodies hormones does, and I'm very grateful that they've figured out how little actually needs to be in them. They're a bad choice for me because of clotting, but for many women they're an inexpensive source of birth control, and I'd much rather they made good use of it then avoided bc because of rumors.

Since being gay is primarily internal/emotional, rather then physical (no matter how many stereotypes imply otherwise), you might have more luck, Hawkfeathers, with an assertion that you wonder whether BC, like other environmental factors (plastics, pesticides, etc) are leading to more intersexed children. That is true, after all for animals like frogs.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'd take the birth control side effects over the intense pain, irregular periods and insane mood swings I get without them any day. Hell, I've been off them for nearly 2 months because I needed to switch and couldn't get a gyno appointment until August 3, and now I might even have to postpone it because I need an ultrasound then and I might have my period, because it came a week late last time throwing off my cycle to when I wasn't originally supposed to have it. Anyway, I've been off the for a bit and even though the awfulness tends to build up, it's already awful. I dont' even have my period and I get cramps periodically, I get mood swings that ruin my day, there's no real telling when my period will come (21 days? 36 days? Dunno!) So I think the pill isn't bad for all people. It's certainly the better alternative for me. I'd rather "mess" with my body's natural cycle, which clearly hates my soul than deal with nature.

Comment

One more time. I said it was anecdotal. I'm not ranting, or trying to prove a point, or even present a theory which could be supported. It's ANECDOTAL. Just an idea.
                          And BTW how anyone would arrive at the conclusion that I don't know much about bc is beyond me. I'm 54 and have no kids so I guess I figured something out LOL
                          It was not my intention to ruffle anyone's feathers.
                          sigpic

Comment

And BTW how anyone would arrive at the conclusion that I don't know much about bc is beyond me. I'm 54 and have no kids so I guess I figured something out LOL
                            Well, there's nothing on your profile that states your age, and the whole 'birth control leads to homosexuality' honestly sounds like something a teen-aged or young girl might believe. Kind of like 'you can't get pregnant the first time you have sex', or 'you can't get pregnant if he pulls out'.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              Well, there's nothing on your profile that states your age, and the whole 'birth control leads to homosexuality' honestly sounds like something a teen-aged or young girl might believe. Kind of like 'you can't get pregnant the first time you have sex', or 'you can't get pregnant if he pulls out'.
                              LOL Even as a teenager I never thought those things.
                              I believe rather strongly that modern-day pharmaceuticals, which includes bc pills, are not always the healthiest choice.
                              I also believe rather strongly that one's hormones determine who one is, in many ways, and that it is possible that residual bc pill effects in a pregnant woman could potentially affect a fetus and its hormonal development.
                              I'm not asking anyone else to believe those things. That's all, for this subject.
                              sigpic

Comment

I guess mine is just anecdotal too. On the flip side, even though I tend to be pretty critical of a lot of things, pharmaceuticals isn't one of them. I've had a lot of health problems in my (relatively short) life, and modern medicine has always been their to aid or even save my life. I can't think of one instance where medicine has harmed me (well, except for the two times I picked up staph in hospitals, but that's not medicine), but I can't even count the number of times it's helped or saved me.

Comment

Working...
                                X