Possible encounter with the god...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible encounter with the god...

I have a favourite spot where i commune with my god and goddess, a stream that flows through my backwoods where a fallen tree makes a bridge over it. I was standing on the trunk in the middle when i got really light headed out of no-where. :wtf: So dizzy that i fell off the log into the water and i hit the bottom. It took me a few seconds to realize that i was 3 feet under, but it jogged me pretty damn quickly. I got out and sat on the bank. Across the brook on the other side a raven was staring at me, and i stared back. it sat completely motionless for maybe two minutes, then flew away.

(Thats never happened to me before)

I have no idea what this means and i need help finding out. There may be a perfectly logical scientific explanation for it, but i dont really feel like i can explain it right now.

Please help me!
    People are meant to be loved,
    And things are meant to be used.
    The reason the world is chaos is because
    People are being used and things are being loved.

Re: Possible encounter with the god...

It certainly sounds like someone was possibly trying to get your attention. I'm not all that familiar with ravens, but as I recall, they are the sacred animal of the Morrigan.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

I've actually been looking into ravens a lot lately as I've been running into them and their feathers in my Journeys quite often. There's a lot of possibilities here. Ravens can be associated with Bran, Odin, Lugh, the Morrigan, and a few other war-deities. They are also thought the be bearers of knowledge and omens. They are incredibly clever creatures. As I said, there are a lot of possibilities. Do you have any recent events/feelings that might relate and help narrow your search?
      My Tumblr
      My Webcomic
      My Twitter

Comment

Adding on to the Morrigan suggestion, some also associate her with rivers as the washer at the ford.
        In some native traditions, Raven is a deity Himself. That's more what this sounds like to me. Raven as a trickster god trying to get your attention.
        Have you gone back to the same area since? Has anything else out of the ordinary happened?

Comment

I had a nightmare about it last night. It as me falling into the water and when i came to the top i was in a big bay surrounded by mountains, and i was swimming away from an old man with a spear... flying across the water. This time a flock of raven started attacking me and i dove into the water, but they followed me and started flying in thee water. i woke up when i started to sink.

Im facinated by the old man, kinda looked like he had santa's beard, with the spear.

Ive been back to the place but i didn't go near the stream or the falleen tree im kinda scared to do that right now.

Are ther any hints as to who the man is?

Comment

The old man with the spear and beard sound a bit like Odin to me, who incidentally as said by wisp does have a connection with Ravens. Maybe you should do some research on Odin.

Comment

I also think he sounds a lot like Odin. His ravens are Huginn and Muninn, Thought and Memory respectively. Odin is a very complicated and multi facetted god so I recommend a lot of research and mediation. If you have any specific questions I’ve spent the last 8 years dedicated to the Norse and have a few email contacts with some Odin’s women.
              I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
              because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
              I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
              for a might have-been has never been,
              but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

I feel like I need to say that encounters with spirits/entities/deities, can often be scary even if they're not meant to be malevolent. Really reflect on your nightmare, and try to see it from a lot of different sides. I knew a shamanic practitioner once who, when meeting her totem for the first time, was devoured by it. There can be symbolism and gain in death, attacks, or the dismantling of ourselves, as scary as those concepts are.
                Odin is actually a great example of this, he gave an eye, a part of himself, to gain his wisdom.

At the same time, consider your state of mind about the whole incident to be sure the nightmares weren't brought on by your being confused and unsettled by the first instance. It doesn't sound like it was, but it's always good to have an objective look at things now and then.
                My Tumblr
                My Webcomic
                My Twitter

Comment

Thanks so much for all of your help, guys. I did some research and found that Odin almost exactly fits my vision of the man and the ravens are his birds. I think i can sleep easy tonight now. I don't know what he wan't with me but im exited to find out whatever it may be.
                  You guys are the best!

Comment

That's quite fascinating. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, here, but if it happens again, you might want to get yourself checked out just to make sure that nothing medical is going on.
                    Other than that, keep us posted. Interesting stuff

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                      I don't mean to be a wet blanket, here, but if it happens again, you might want to get yourself checked out just to make sure that nothing medical is going on.
                      Hahaha, thats good.

- - - Updated - - -

Im currently looking up Odinism, and its pretty fascinating stuff
                      Not making any jumpy descisions though, just looking at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X