Ganesh and Isis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ganesh and Isis?

I feel drawn to Ganesh (remover of obstacles) and Isis (from what I have learned, goddess of life and magick). Is is abnormal to select a deity pair from two separate pantheons? Curious.

Re: Ganesh and Isis?

I don't believe it's abnormal really. If you feel drawn to Ganesh and Isis than that's great. Learn all you can about them and meditate on it. You should learn all you can Blessed be!

Comment

I don't think so, I've seen plenty of people that do so.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Not at all. I do it, and I know of plenty of others who do. Whatever works for you, works for you

Comment

Good to know I am not alone

Comment

Not weird at all. I follow several egyptian and greek deities. In my opinion all gods are real in some way so there's not any real reason to stick with a particular pantheon unless you want to. It's eclectic to take deities from several pantheons but there's nothing wrong with that
            Circe

Comment

Wow I’m actually surprised that everyone has been ok with it so far. I am as well but I’ve been on a number of sights and there is usually a certain % of people who are very anti mixing pantheons.

I only have one bit of advice and it’s my opinion so you can take it or leave it.

There is no problem with being drawn to multiple pantheons, or having a duality of different pantheons, that being said, if you intend to “flavor” your rituals with the culture of the one god or the other I recommend focusing on that one god for that one ritual. You don’t want to do an Egyptian ritual with a Celtic god for example, to me is just rude. They probably won’t mind, but still…

However if your rituals are primarily of a neutral cultural flavor (such as most Wiccan rituals) then inviting both and focusing on their duality shouldn’t be a problem. Its always better to ask the Gods in question though
              I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
              because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
              I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
              for a might have-been has never been,
              but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Lol, yeah...we are generally more offended by someone A telling someone B that they *can't* do what they (someone B) wants to do on the basis that it is something they, themselves (someone A), fail to agree with. If it neither breaks my leg or picks my pocket, I tend not to care (and its been my experience that most of our long time members would agree.

I'm sure we have members that don't mix pantheons personally, but I don't know of any of them that would say that someone else can't do it. And, if they tried to make that assertion for another, they would probably be called out on it.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I will occasionally make the assertion that it (pantheon mixing) should be done carefully and with due consideration or not done at all. I don't advise calling the LoH and Ahriman into the same circle (largely because I don't advise calling Ahriman but also because neither of them will like the company) and there are other ideas where my personal response borders on wtf?!! but for the most part "your belief, your problem". Long as it stays your problem, there's only so much energy I can be bothered to devote.

EDIT: regarding the OP, I'm not aware of any reason not to work with Ganesha and Isis together but I'm only vaguely familiar with Ganesha and while I'm more familiar with Isis, my knowledge regarding her is rusty. Pretty much if there's no reason to believe the two of them won't get along (ie LoH and Ahriman) and you can pay proper courtesy to both then best of luck.
                  Last edited by MaskedOne; 17 Apr 2013, 17:15.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yeah it is a good idea to figure out how the deities feel about each other. It's never a good idea to call in deities who might in some way have a beef with one another, or just don't get along.
                    Circe

Comment

In the morning I do a Tantra Yoga standing meditation, Bagua Style stretching routine, calisthenics, Medical Qigong with an added Reiki symbol invocation and end with a full body energy wipe.

Throughout my day I reflect on a few of my favorite goddesses and gods, communing with them in my own way and at night I do Sanskrit Mantra then proceed to Runic invocation and end with a mantra of thanks to the medicine Buddha, and my life is great.

My altar is filled with several pantheons from Dragon Ball Z to Egyptian idols- I haven't had any problems yet and I have been on this path for over ten years. As three of my martial arts instructors constantly remind me, if it comes from a good heart there's really not much to worry about. Your gods and goddesses will understand, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos View Post
                        My altar is filled with several pantheons from Dragon Ball Z to Egyptian idols
                        Dragon Ball Z? Haha, that is flavorful. Never heard that one before.

Comment

I more along the lines invite both and feel the energy is pretty positive, but I only invite both when the time is right. For example when I use my cards (divination and spells) I pray to Isis and when I ask for help of other kinds I pray to Ganesh. When I meditate I feel closer to Ganesh and when I am doing ritual depending on what it is, I invite accordingly, Isis I feel close to when I am in nature. So when I meditate outside I feel close to both. <3

Comment

Dragonball Z has a great mythology! Aside from that my DBZ altar pieces act as representations of imagination and will.

Nature is a great place to feel close to any beneficial spirit in my experience. That's really the only place I feel right leaving offerings because I know the Earth or her creatures will benefit from them- this includes humans, because sometimes I leave money in specific places as a thank you for my abundance in life or create artwork from the surrounding 'dead' or scattered nature.

Comment

Working...
                            X