A new dream and goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new dream and goal.

It starts today. I've always felt a desire to live closer to the land in a more primitive way. I've recently done a great deal of fact finding and researching, as well and financially gearing and as of friday I'll be preparing that way as well.

My goal is to buy about 50-100 acres of land maybe a bit more in the Northern U.S (Perhaps Wisconsin) get some neighbors and start a community. A place we can really connect with our God's and live out our days in full harmony with Earth.

Might be a crazy dream, but I'm going to give it my all.

Re: A new dream and goal.

I love this dream! I've considered it before but I'm a long way off from being able to do it so its kind of a pipe dream for me. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S.
    do you have an idea what kind of structures you plan on living in? I've developed a new obsession with yurts and my husband and I are planing on living in one when we move next.
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
    because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
    I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
    for a might have-been has never been,
    but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Cameron View Post
      I love this dream! I've considered it before but I'm a long way off from being able to do it so its kind of a pipe dream for me. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S.
      do you have an idea what kind of structures you plan on living in? I've developed a new obsession with yurts and my husband and I are planing on living in one when we move next.
      Yes certainly Yurts to start, I'd like to eventually work on something more permanent yes Yurts to start.

Comment

When you get this started, hit me up. I spent a little while WWOOFing and would love to volunteer some time!
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          When you get this started, hit me up. I spent a little while WWOOFing and would love to volunteer some time!
          Realistically I'm about ten years away, but I appreciate the offer!

Comment

Are you talking about a commune?

Comment

This sounds like something that woukld have intrigued me so much more when I was younger and unmarried... and in signifigantly better shape.
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                This sounds like something that woukld have intrigued me so much more when I was younger and unmarried... and in signifigantly better shape.
                Luckily my wonderful wife is onboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                Luckily my wonderful wife is onboard.

Comment

All the best with your dream and hopefully you will achieve your goal which will be an inspiration for more people
                  Martina Harrison

Comment

Yeah it's a really cool idea, I'd love to do something similar. Find somewhere quiet and out in nature where I can get away from the (sub)urban environment and immerse myself in meditation. Good luck man.

Comment

Working...
                    X