Person Cleansing Didn't Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Person Cleansing Didn't Work

My roommates, Brittney, Justin, Nick and I just moved into a new house. I'm still new to Paganism but Brittney isn't. She performed a circle of protection on the house(I think that's what it is called) and it went well. After that Brittney and I went to the altar to cleanse me.

I don't want to come across as crazy or anything but when we started there was something malicious in me. In 10 minutes my God(Ares) candle had completely burned out. It started at approximately 3 1/2 inches. After the 10 minutes had lapsed and I came back to myself I had lost all memory of the last 20-30 minutes until today. Whatever it is isn't gone and she's gonna talk to a high priestess about it.

If you can offer any advice or know anything helpful do let me know please.

Oh, and if you know why the candle burned out so fast that would be cool too.

If you want a details about what the thing looked like let me know.

Re: Person Cleansing Didn't Work

I can't tell you anything since I wasn't there but if you're worried about this, go see that High Priestess yourself. I think you'll get good perspective if this lady is a good one. She might tell you it's in your head, she might give you a reading, who knows, but don't expect Brittney to do it all for you.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I don't expect her to. I just won't be able to talk to one until May 19th when they all meet again. I hope I'm not just crazy. That would be rather unfortunate.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Havex View Post
        I don't expect her to. I just won't be able to talk to one until May 19th when they all meet again. I hope I'm not just crazy. That would be rather unfortunate.

Thank you.
        Here is something to consider: this might be less of a case of possession and more a case of digging up something you need to let go of, etc.

Comment

It could be. Thank you. I was just curious. You've been a great help.

Comment

hmmm... I don't think your crazy, you describe some of physical things happening (the candle) that can be verified and that at least isn't in your head. may I ask what type of cleansing she did? the methods used I mean. there are a number of different types of cleansing and some might work better with you and with certain energies then others. Also Bjorn is right, its quite possible that this could be something you are dealing with on a personal even subconsciousness level that you weren't ready to let go of yet.

lastly I have a theory about your candle but first, did it burn all the way down then out or did it just go out? and did you have another candle of similar lenght for your Goddess that didn't respond the same way?
            I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
            because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
            I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
            for a might have-been has never been,
            but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

I have heard spirit workers say they can't do Rieki due to their gods having set them up a certain way and energy workers mess that up. Could you friend have messed up something Ares had done for you? It could always be a good thing too like Bjorn said.

Comment

Perhaps its a matter of coming around to see your Self and to forgive yourself? It's hard to say on such limited detail, but I wish you luck in muddling through it.

Comment

The candle overflowed and ran down the side and off the altar to the floor. It burned to nothing yet stayed lit. The goddess candle didn't change.

She used sage around me and had me enter a state of meditation. As soon as I went into the state of meditation that's when everything happened. She said it felt like 10 minutes to her but our friends timed it cause they were locked outside and they said it about 45 minutes.

I didn't remember anything from the event till the next day. I thought that was rather weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Havex View Post
                    The candle overflowed and ran down the side and off the altar to the floor. It burned to nothing yet stayed lit. The goddess candle didn't change.

She used sage around me and had me enter a state of meditation. As soon as I went into the state of meditation that's when everything happened. She said it felt like 10 minutes to her but our friends timed it cause they were locked outside and they said it about 45 minutes.

I didn't remember anything from the event till the next day. I thought that was rather weird.
                    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                    because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                    I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                    for a might have-been has never been,
                    but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Ares is also a reckless god (the flip side of fire). After all, he DID impregnate his sister, Venus, like, over and over.

Comment

Working...
                      X