Grimoire and BoS Pages; Advice, Questions, Sharing Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimoire and BoS Pages; Advice, Questions, Sharing Photos

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section!)

I figured I would make a thread so that those that have their own BoS or Grimoire could share their pages and get some help/advice from the community. I have been working on my Sigil Grimoire this week, and I've been stuck as to how I should order the pages.

Here is the cover of the book: (You can also check my Album called "Grimoire")

And here is the first page:

After the protection writing I have waiting to be put in there along with a couple more protective sigils, I'm not sure what order to put things in next. I wish to put the following into this book:

- Spirit-Keeping Information (Such as descriptions on different spirits and entities, their preferred offerings, what their specialties are, ect)
    - Angelic/Demonic/Neutral Sigils (A guide of protection, summoning, conjuration, peace, health, healing, ect symbols/sigils)
    - A detailed guide to different summonings/conjurations (Both from Occult books, as well as from my sister's grimoire)
    - Protection chants, spells, and recipes
    - History, Definitions, ect.. of symbols, specific instructions, confirmation signs....
    - Lore concerning spirits and entities
    - Communication techniques
    - Safety precautions

I could really use some advice onto how to lay out my book. Is there anything that I'm missing, that relates to the above things listed?

Also, I'd really love to see pictures from your own books! (That is, if you don't mind!)

Re: Grimoire and BoS Pages; Advice, Questions, Sharing Photos

I think what ever works for you is what is the best. My 'grimoires' are just notebooks filled with insights, meditations, information gleaned from books or other people, etc. I also have grimoires for specific systems or categories- I have a grimoire dedicated to spirits, number and languages, a grimoire of traditional and common symbols, a grimoire of personal sigils, journals of rituals and meditations and journals of spiritual/magical quotes. Since I can be a bit unorganized I am at least unorganized per subject (for the most part), if that makes sense.

(I'm reorganizing your list as an example of how I would personally order mine and why... I hope that's okay)

[Protection and cautionary notes in the beginning because it insures your work is protected and safe guarded from outside influence]
    - Safety precautions

[A back round of why and where beings come from next because it will be easier to understand who and what you are working with in the future reading of your grimoire, or if you want to pass it on]
    - Spirit-Keeping Information (Such as descriptions on different spirits and entities, their preferred offerings, what their specialties are, ect)

[The actually workings last because now you have all the necessary information to proceed in the safest manner]
    - History, Definitions, ect.. of symbols, specific instructions, confirmation signs....
    - Angelic/Demonic/Neutral Sigils (A guide of protection, summoning, conjuration, peace, health, healing, ect symbols/sigils)
    - A detailed guide to different summonings/conjurations (Both from Occult books, as well as from my sister's grimoire)

I would let you see you pictures of my grimoires but for now they are just hand written (often hard to read, even for me at times) in spiral notebooks or documents on my computer, I am also slightly technologically impaired and don't own a camera that connects to my computer and I have no idea on how to run my cam.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos View Post
      I think what ever works for you is what is the best. My 'grimoires' are just notebooks filled with insights, meditations, information gleaned from books or other people, etc. I also have grimoires for specific systems or categories- I have a grimoire dedicated to spirits, number and languages, a grimoire of traditional and common symbols, a grimoire of personal sigils, journals of rituals and meditations and journals of spiritual/magical quotes. Since I can be a bit unorganized I am at least unorganized per subject (for the most part), if that makes sense.

(I'm reorganizing your list as an example of how I would personally order mine and why... I hope that's okay)

[Protection and cautionary notes in the beginning because it insures your work is protected and safe guarded from outside influence]
      - Safety precautions

[A back round of why and where beings come from next because it will be easier to understand who and what you are working with in the future reading of your grimoire, or if you want to pass it on]

[The actually workings last because now you have all the necessary information to proceed in the safest manner]

I would let you see you pictures of my grimoires but for now they are just hand written (often hard to read, even for me at times) in spiral notebooks or documents on my computer, I am also slightly technologically impaired and don't own a camera that connects to my computer and I have no idea on how to run my cam.

I hope this helps.
      Thanks so much, Psyk! This actually helps a lot, what with your explanations as to why you would order it that particular way. I will most likely use this template, and switch Communications before Summonings.

Comment

You are very welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X