Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about you?

Dec 2012
    Religion
    Islam

What about you?

Hi Everyone,
    I am Tajul Islam. My family consists of 4 members. They are my mother, father, elder brother and me. What about you?

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Celtic Polytheism
    Phrase
    Stories are some of the best things in the world.

Re: What about you?

My immediate family is my husband and I and our three fur-babies (two cats and a chinchilla). But I grew up with my mother, father and my little sister (whom I'm terribly proud of). And my sister is married to a wonderful man and they've one little boy and a second one due in June here. I'm also terribly proud of my nephew (Whom I've dubbed Supes because he reminds me of superman, and thus the second boy has been dubbed Bats for batman, I'm just hoping it fits when I get to see him.)

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

I live with my boyfriend and elderly cat. I have my parents and a brother, and he has his mom and dad (who are divorced) and three brothers.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

I live with a roommate, but I grew up in a home of my single mother, and three younger siblings.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Mar 2013
    Religion
    Neo-Wiccan Angelolator
    Phrase
    "I saw Uriel smile. Once."

I currently live with my mother, and I have one older sister and one younger sister. My dad lives a few blocks away, and visits every so often. My younger sister has a bearded dragon, while I have two hamsters. (One male who I've had for a year, named "Mr. Cuddlesworth", and a female baby hamster that I just got a few days ago. She does not yet have a name)

Aug 2013
    Religion
    Hindu

I have a small family with 3 family members. Me my dad and mom.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I have a hubby and two munchkins, a boy and a girl...
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Aug 2012
    Religion
    animist hedge witch.
    Phrase
    Even if you're only a boy, you can fight like a girl!

I've my husband and 2 cats. Should I be listing cats? Yes they are my babies...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    Should I be listing cats? Yes they are my babies...
    ...in which case, we also have a ball python (Lucy) and a Siberian dwarf hamster (Gray Gregorvich).

Needless to say, they do not share living quarters.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I do not have any family. I live in the upstairs part of a house as a boarder. I have my own room and my very own private bathroom (that Gawd!). After the housemates moved out, we are left me and the little elderly lady Regina. Though at the moment the other room is rented to a young mother from her church and 3 munchkin kids. Plus Maddie, the grand daughter who Regina babysits. She's 5. So the house is always full with fun little kids. And it's also quiet at night. Oh there are 2 dogs, an old timer Akita and a mutt dog. A handful of birds. I think we have a total of 5.
    Satan is my spirit animal