X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethics “Helping” and Roommates…

thinkhttp://barkingshaman.com/2011/06/03/invoking-consent-2/
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
    because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
    I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
    for a might have-been has never been,
    but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Last edited by RainbowDemonic; 30 Apr 2013, 10:55.

Comment

My Tumblr
        My Webcomic
        My Twitter

Comment

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I would like to point out that I don't disagree entirely with the linked post... but I do disagree a lot. Sure, a person stopping you and waving hands in front of your face and trying to do readings on you that you don't want... etc. is very bad form (and inappropriate on many levels). It's like the difference between the (sorry, but gonna use an example from my own life) christian who says they're going to pray that you "get saved" (read: forced by their god into their religion--even if you find their god to be anathema) when you've just lost your beloved, dear mother in death.... and the person who comes over to you sits beside you and hands you a tissue box.

Do it like the loving person handing him the tissue box, not like the self-righteous or obtrusive person trying to "save" you (be it by tarot or bible).

You don't lovingly shovel the neighbor's driveway to 'save' them, you do it out of kindness and compassion. And if they ask you to stop, you do. But who's going to ask that someone stop plowing their drive for them?

Some things are just kindness, and the majority of the world won't object. The people who do... well, you just stop being kind to them. They clearly don't want kindness (no matter the form).

You may simply have someone who doesn't want kindness. He is clearly making "they'll kick me out" into a self-fulfilling prophecy with the way he has begun treating you and speaking of you behind your back. It's like the husband who says, "my wife is going to cut me off from sex" who proceeds to start demanding sex all the time and drives his wife away.

When your friends say that to you, start answering with, "It's beginning to look like he's going to push us into exactly that, with the way he's behaving and lying about it behind our backs." Because that's the truth of it.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Really a person must want to get better,or your efforts will be in vain. Some people I have known love being the poor baby type,it is attention seeking behavior. I have been around a while(age 66) so I have seen this before. Even when you try to help,they will always make it about themselves and cry poor poor me...Some people bring their own misery onto themselves. My saying is one time I will pull you out of the sh*t hole you are in,but if you keep jumping back in then you are on your own.
              This sums up my thoughts on the situation as well, just more eloquently than I could have versed it. Put yourself in their shoes; I wouldn't want anyone even trying to mess with me on any level if it wasn't direct. I'd much rather they just talk to me about it. When you go to other means of trying to change things about a person, it comes down to deceit and dishonesty in my book.

Comment

Comment

I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                  because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                  I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                  for a might have-been has never been,
                  but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

My Tumblr
                    My Webcomic
                    My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                      Well, I have a lot of spiritual gifts. And I would go forward with giving your gift.

I don't ask my husband's permission before I buy him a gift. I don't ask my mother-in-law's permission before I bake her a cake. I don't ask my neighbor's permission before I walk over and shovel their driveway. I don't ask before I leave a gift basket for someone in the hospital. I don't ask permission before I give my cat a treat.

You get the idea. I don't ask permission to give gifts, and that includes spiritual ones.

Just to play the devils advocate here, in my point of view that can be a dangerous outlook. for example if it was in your power to give someone a second pair of arms, two pairs are better than one, so you give someone the gift of a second pair of arms that they didnt ask for. (basically changing their physical make up) i cant imagine someone would be very pleased

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Really a person must want to get better,or your efforts will be in vain.
                        I was going to say exactly this.

I can't say it with the same strength of conviction but it seems to me that in order for your efforts to yield any fruit, you have to have focused intent. I understand that this is coming from my spiritual perspective so I'm not going to spin it as truth. BUT, in my experience, certain things are already in motion that we do not know about, things that can easily deflect weak intentions to the wayside, so to speak. If you want to make a ripple, you have to have the strength to toss a big stone.

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
                        Personally I wouldn't do it, but not because I have some moral or ethical objection - but rather, because when you break a person's will in a way like that involving their personality, psyche, or just a very deeply-set pattern of behavior, it can have really bad results.
                        This is an excellent point (and I love your grey path, that's an awesome, logical, and very balanced path!).

---------

I think the only cause for trepidation here is to REALLY identify your motives. If you want to send someone good energy, or pray on someone's behalf, that's AWESOME. Just make sure you're doing this for them and not to make things easier for yourself and your living arrangements.

If you detect any shred of the aforementioned, go with a ward.
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                            Just to play the devils advocate here, in my point of view that can be a dangerous outlook. for example if it was in your power to give someone a second pair of arms, two pairs are better than one, so you give someone the gift of a second pair of arms that they didnt ask for. (basically changing their physical make up) i cant imagine someone would be very pleased
                            Originally posted by Shawn Cameron View Post
                            SPhoenix – I see where you are coming from but from my perspective, giving a physical gift gives the person the choice to accept or deny it. They could be thankful for your cake and the fact that you made it for them but not eat it because they are on a diet or they don’t like cake or what not. Giving a metaphysical gift on the other hand is like force feeding them cake.(or spiking their drink with antidepressants).
                            I will agree to disagree with you.

I don't believe that spiritual gifts can be forced, either. The soul of the other human being is sovereign and will deny anything that does not fit its greater plan. It's like saying you could force the sun to stop shining against its will. Knowing and understanding the other person's soul is sovereign means that anything that happens to them is within the will of their own soul and that their own soul is the highest force in their life beyond the will of the One Infinite Intelligence.

It is easy to impose physical will upon others, but impossible to impose spiritual will upon others without tremendous exertion of mental manipulation and trickery.... things to which I would never turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                              I will agree to disagree with you.

I don't believe that spiritual gifts can be forced, either. The soul of the other human being is sovereign and will deny anything that does not fit its greater plan. It's like saying you could force the sun to stop shining against its will. Knowing and understanding the other person's soul is sovereign means that anything that happens to them is within the will of their own soul and that their own soul is the highest force in their life beyond the will of the One Infinite Intelligence.

It is easy to impose physical will upon others, but impossible to impose spiritual will upon others without tremendous exertion of mental manipulation and trickery.... things to which I would never turn.
                              Just for some discussion (I hope no one minds):

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

There are always influences imposing upon us, changing and affecting and warping our desires to their wills and whims every day. Hunger, Fear, Love, Need, Addictions. Slavery, Corporations, Expectations.

These are not simply physical. Even physical imposition comes with a measure of mental willpower that can crumple lesser intents and desires. When you remove the need to give your hand away with body language and you simply focus your intent into the "shadow world," you can indeed mess with things that are not meant to be messed with. Step on paths your feet are not welcome on.

What I'm getting at is that there is always FREE WILL. And some wills are stronger than others. And where there's a will, there's a way.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                              X