Markings/Henna/Tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markings/Henna/Tattoos

Does anyone else apply markings to themselves? I currently use sharpie (working on finding some henna) to draw a triskelion/triskele on my wrist.

Re: Markings/Henna/Tattoos

I have tattoos planned and just waiting for the money to fund them. One of which is the celtic tree of life on both forearms with bilatteral symmetry so that they form up as one when I push the two together. I'm a geek and I -love- the Constantine movie and his tattoos, so I wanted to do a similar idea but with symbols that meant something important to me. And I love that tree.
    Other include my totem, my husband's totem..so on so forth.
    My Tumblr
    My Webcomic
    My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by wisp View Post
      I have tattoos planned and just waiting for the money to fund them. One of which is the celtic tree of life on both forearms with bilatteral symmetry so that they form up as one when I push the two together. I'm a geek and I -love- the Constantine movie and his tattoos, so I wanted to do a similar idea but with symbols that meant something important to me. And I love that tree.
      Other include my totem, my husband's totem..so on so forth.
      That's really awesome. The Tree of Life is such a beautiful, fascinating symbol. I think if I ever got a tattoo it would be an Ouroboros, probably wrapped around my wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
        I think if I ever got a tattoo it would be an Ouroboros, probably wrapped around my wrist.
        That would be gorgeous!
        My Tumblr
        My Webcomic
        My Twitter

Comment

I have four tattoos, but I regularly apply henna to my hands and feet in the traditional manner.

Mostly art.

Comment

I have several tattoos. I love body art. I used to have a few piercings (eye brows and various ear piercings) but because of my hobbies they just get in the way or torn out (it happened to a friend go mine a few times. Crazy bastard still has his piercings, though). I have a lot of ideas, mostly quotes from my favorite songs with original artwork to represent them because music really speaks to the spirit of things for me.

My last tattoo is on my right forearm of a winged (wings down) bearded Baphomet holding the Earth (the artists idea and it makes it so much more meaningful) with a garland of broken skulls. He's holding a caduceus in blue robes and a pentagram and hour glass floating in front of him/her with the feet drawn as if they are growing out of my skin. I want to get a mini spiral galaxy where the feet are to complete it and need to touch it up anyway.

I thought a tree of life on my back with an angel and demon (or blue and red spirits) on either sides of the tree, but I have been thinking for a while about getting a tree as if it's growing from my feet to my knee. I know it's going to hurt, but the pains always worth the beauty. I'll stop now. I could go on forever with all of the tattoos I want.

Comment

I love body art period, especially when it has meaning. I want the yin and yang symbol on my right shoulder, but have yin and yang be represented by intertwining dragons. I also want the trinity symbol tattooed on the inside of my wrist. over the years I may want more, but that's it for now.

Both tattoos have a lot of meaning to me.
              Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

My wife and I use sharpies to draw on various sigils, seals or Runes relative to the desired effect - especially when travelling on long journeys. I also have a funds shortage when it comes to tattoos that I would like - they are very expensive in Adelaide.

Comment

I think tattoos are expensive everywhere unless you have a friend. Where I live it's $80 dollars minimum and for every hour after whether you're getting a red ball the size of a thumbnail or a shoulder piece. I only have two professional tattoos (one is only about an inch in diameter that I got out of town for half the normal price of home), the rest were done by friends or when I was apprenticing (in a garage, but he had a decent set up). Some of the self-righteous artists charge up to $120-$200 minimum. It's been a while since I got some ink.

I never thought of writing sigils on my body with sharpie for ritual. That's brilliant (sometimes I have such a simple mind).

Comment

I've got a couple, one on my ankle and another up my back, it says "Move forward with purpose" and have some vine and flower work. That's what motivated me in college and I think it's in my signature.. don't really remember. Really love tattoos, hate the pain.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      Really love tattoos, hate the pain.
                      Love tattoos, love the pain. In fact, if I could just have the pain instead of the ink...

Exquisite.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Love tattoos, love the pain. In fact, if I could just have the pain instead of the ink...

Exquisite.
                        ooohhh reaaaallly?

I wish I could afford the really big one I want, I have an artist eagerly awaiting the time I have the cash to get it started, In the meantime the upcoming week should see me acquire a new small one...
                        Last edited by Maria de Luna; 02 May 2013, 01:19.
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I have 2 tattoos. one is on my right arm and dedicated to Mani and the other is a pare, one around my left wrist and the other my right ankle for Loki. I also paint my face every day with three stripes along the right cheek. its something I did in school and now that I don't have a boss to answer to (back in school) i'm doing it again. I don't feel like ME with out them... I use a nifty wax crayon that is activated by water, so you just get it wet and it draws right on then wash it off with soap and water. very little scrubbing required. I even melted them down to mix colors to get the one I wanted, and I've had no side effects on my skin.
                          I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                          because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                          I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                          for a might have-been has never been,
                          but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Cameron View Post
                            I have 2 tattoos. one is on my right arm and dedicated to Mani and the other is a pare, one around my left wrist and the other my right ankle for Loki. I also paint my face every day with three stripes along the right cheek. its something I did in school and now that I don't have a boss to answer to (back in school) i'm doing it again. I don't feel like ME with out them... I use a nifty wax crayon that is activated by water, so you just get it wet and it draws right on then wash it off with soap and water. very little scrubbing required. I even melted them down to mix colors to get the one I wanted, and I've had no side effects on my skin.
                            No offense, but do people not stare or make fun of you for walking around with warpaint on?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              No offense, but do people not stare or make fun of you for walking around with warpaint on?
                              lol, no offense taken. Some do, some are too polite to. Some complement it. Most ask if it’s permanent. Like most people with very visible tattoos or markings I do my best to destroy the stereo type by generally being polite and good natured. When people ask why, which inevitably happens, I explain that since I am a full time student after being in the military for 4 years, and thus don’t need to deal with the public in a professional capacity or answer to an employer I exercise my freedom of expression by doing what I like. I also explain that though I like it I understand that this time of my life will pass and I won’t be foolish enough to try and enter the workforce with face paint.
                              I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                              because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                              I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                              for a might have-been has never been,
                              but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Working...
                              X