Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of course, you know it never really happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, you know it never really happened...

I wonder how a "professor" like this manages to keep his job of teaching impressionable minds...

Florida professor who denied Sandy Hook shooting claims Boston bombings a drill
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Of course, you know it never really happened...

You are so talented at foraging for wacky news stories.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      You are so talented at foraging for wacky news stories.
      I think he gets paid to do it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Probably.
        /10Char

Comment

And of course there is an unending supply of crazy and wacky stuff to choose from these days.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Two words: job security. ^^

Comment

These theories are actually really common in some circles, sadly. What gets me is that while I could believe that any one individual disaster had ulterior motives behind it (and if you can't, take a look at some of the declassified CIA documents from the 40's/50's/60's), the idea that every single disaster is part of some genius master plan is a bit too much for me.

Comment

I read a bunch of these news stories, and have a supervisor who gives me these things to read, trying to prove his point, (No, I have no idea, I still don't know what point he is trying to make eigther...) I also have a friend who likes conspiracy theories, and still believes that the US government was involved in the 9/11 attacks. I have developed a fairly good filter for ignoring these things now...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

No, like most people who surf the net, I'm actually paid to do something completely different, but this is more fun.

And yup, there is a never ending supply of foolishness that fuels my passion...

I could almost buy that kind of thinking - or at least I would consider it in more depth - if the event took place in some isolated area. But it didn't. Anybody can go there and see for themselves that it happened. Perhaps he thinks the amputees were volunteers who agreed to have their legs cut off in pursuit of some evil goal.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I could almost buy that kind of thinking - or at least I would consider it in more depth - if the event took place in some isolated area. But it didn't. Anybody can go there and see for themselves that it happened. Perhaps he thinks the amputees were volunteers who agreed to have their legs cut off in pursuit of some evil goal.
                    I agree with this. Sure I get this kind of thinking and in some cases I might even wonder my self at times if it's more isolated. But come on, Something like sandy hook and the boston bombings?

Comment

Some of this(actually probably more than some) comes from people not trusting the Gov. Because of history our Gov. has done some things that might be considered less than honest. One was the treating of Blacks for syphilis many years back,but using a placebo rather than an actual medicine to see the long term effects of syphilis. There have been other examples of this but you could do a search on the matter yourself. I think it is sad that many feel that they can't trust their own Government,but for many they have some reason it seems to be Leary of government.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Some of this(actually probably more than some) comes from people not trusting the Gov. Because of history our Gov. has done some things that might be considered less than honest. One was the treating of Blacks for syphilis many years back,but using a placebo rather than an actual medicine to see the long term effects of syphilis. There have been other examples of this but you could do a search on the matter yourself. I think it is sad that many feel that they can't trust their own Government,but for many they have some reason it seems to be Leary of government.

That is definitely true - don't trust the government when you can't see where their hands are.

Unfortunately, this kind of overblown conspiracy crap does nothing to help. It distracts people from the actual, REAL things they should be watching the government for.

Bombing conspiracies, Mason conspiracies, aliens in the White House - these things are silly mind candy, causing brain cavities that keep us from seeing the abuses in things like "imminent domain," the subtle attempts to remove authority and autonomy from the individual through "this is good for you" legislation, the destruction of public education in America, etc.

Comment

Oh look...

Our law makers are making the same claims...

Stella Tremblay, New Hampshire Legislator, Says Jeff Bauman 'Was Not In Pain' After Bombing

Does one need to wonder much about the weirdness of politics?

Not when you know that some of the politicos are this whacked...

She has resisted calls to resign over the post.

During the interview with Santilli, Tremblay said she should not get all the credit for linking the government to the bombing. She said a constituent had pointed her to the information. She said she previously trusted the federal government.

Tremblay also praised a YouTube video featuring a man who says he's retired Army Lt. Col. Roy Potter, claiming the federal government was behind the attack. Tremblay said Potter looks honest when he asserts the bombing motive was to divert attention from a pending indictment of President Barack Obama and former President George W. Bush for war crimes, along with a drop in the price of gold and government dysfunction.

Comment

There is a school of thought that all these weird theory's are a smoke screen to keep our eyes on the sparkly lights while other things go on without our knowledge. But that might just be another diverting smokescreen as well. You really have to pay attention to know what is real and what is claptrap.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There is a school of thought that all these weird theory's are a smoke screen to keep our eyes on the sparkly lights while other things go on without our knowledge. But that might just be another diverting smokescreen as well. You really have to pay attention to know what is real and what is claptrap.
                              I've actually found myself thinking along those lines once or twice. It makes me angry, because people who could be spending their energy addressing real issues in the world are instead chasing the mirage of lizard people and the Illuminati or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X