Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Spell working cant sleep. Anyone else? Help

Hello again
    i have been noticing that every time after spellworking (or after any "magical doings") i find myself full of energy and excitment,
    i literally feel like on speed...and more productive, it lasts even after hours. If i do any spellworking at night before i go to bed
    i will not be able to sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning, because i just dont feel tired anymore.
    totally not complaining since i think these are good feelings....BUT...sometimes i have to do my "crafty" things at night/evening
    and i would like to go to bed normally and sleep because i have to wake up early again the next day.
    grateful for any advice/tips+tricks/similar situation and how it was solved etc etc etc
    with warm greetings!

Re: After Spell working cant sleep. Anyone else? Help

When I was doing a lot of rituals I got the same effect, but I am nocturnal by nature so it didn't really get in my way of sleeping. After invocations, though, I noticed I would be hyped up for about an hour, than be dead tired. On the other hand, meditation before bed helps me sleep, even mantra and invocation... which also helps me stay awake in the morning. Kind of strange. I guess because it focuses my mind on the task at hand, whether it's sleep or activity. Anyway...

In my perspective of these experiences it's because, one, you just accomplished something or are expecting an accomplishment so your mind is activated to receive thus you are excited. This causes the synapses in your brain to fire off which causes nervous reactions (nervous as in the nerves, not anxiousness) which is why you feel like you are on speed. It's the same reaction you get after seeing your favorite band in concert or after spending the day with a love interest. It's pure excitement of something awesome.

On an energetic level (if you follow that paradigm) it is because not only did you get your blood flowing from the spell/ritual and your nervous system is firing off, but you just connected to a very deep, primal aspect of yourself, your existence and inner being. If you are the theistic type and work spells with your deities you are full of not only your primal energy but the remnants of your deities energy as well, which is quite powerful and long lasting even after the most powerful banishing or thanks (after all a banishing is just another focus of energy and a thank you is often reciprocated by the divine, thus more energy).

This might sound weird but what helps me sleep when I am having trouble is to just focus on my eyes. I put all of my attention on them and just feel how tired they are and begin to push my awareness into my head- I am basically stopping my conscious analytical thought process by bringing my awareness inside of my head and into my mind.

As I focus into my eyes and bring my attention inside my brain I push the feeling to my reptilian brain (the brain stem if I am correct) which helps me connect to my subconscious where I drop into the hypnagogic (pre-sleep) state and start to see dreams (or subconscious creations) and feel my body relax. At this point I let my subconscious take over and voila, I am in lala land for at least an hour, sometimes the whole night.
    Last edited by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos; 03 May 2013, 01:42.

Comment

It's just a buildup of too much energy. Try grounding, or adjust your magical work so the energy input doesn't significantly exceed the expenditure, or find another goal to expend the excess on after you finish your primary working.

Comment

Thanks allot for the great explanation!! I feel much better knowing there is something i can do to at least get some sleep. i find it fascinating how the human brain works on so many levels.
        I agree the excitement is most definitely anticipation, because i cant wait for my results.
        I do, do my ritual/spell working with my deities...so if that is where the energy is coming from i feel quite honored and grateful. I will definitely try the meditation and focusing on just how
        tired i am, hopefully i will achieve the result of calming down and relaxing lol btw it doesnt seem weird at all that you concentrate on your eyes and how heavy they are, its actually a really
        good idea and hey if it works, right!?! haha
        i will also have to practice my meditation more, im not that awesome at it yet, so when i am on the "ritual speed" i can actually sit down and use meditation to relax, because i tried it and
        i couldn't even do that. i was just too wound up.
        I will definitely read into Grounding more as well. Also thinking it might be a good idea to do the rituals (where i know i will be that energized) in the morning or weekends, so i can use that
        gained energy for something good...a task i need to get done...
        again thanks allot for the input guys

Comment

It happens to me as well when I'm doing certain rituals. I love feeling the energy and being almost giddy but it feels good to come down when you want to rest too I agree to try doing some grounding meditation, you may even try asking your deities to help ground you.

Comment

I mostly practise for healing, and ive noticed that when i do a healing spell i get ill my self after it lol, nothing serious just like a cold or headache

Comment

Here's a basic physical trick for you. Lower your body temperature. Take a cool shower or drink something cold. Lowering your body temperature will signal it that it's time to go to sleep, and that will assist you in overriding your mental overcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                I mostly practise for healing, and ive noticed that when i do a healing spell i get ill my self after it lol, nothing serious just like a cold or headache
                Is that when you are doing a healing spell for other people??

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                Here's a basic physical trick for you. Lower your body temperature. Take a cool shower or drink something cold. Lowering your body temperature will signal it that it's time to go to sleep, and that will assist you in overriding your mental overcharge.
                Thanks for the Trick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                  Is that when you are doing a healing spell for other people??
                  !
                  Yeah, its always after i do one for someone else, i don't tend to do them for myself

Comment

Yeah, its always after i do one for someone else, i don't tend to do them for myself
                    I've heard that from more then just one person now...*wondering* just a theory, but maybe one gives a little of ones own health to heal the "target" person...
                    which would be why one self is weakened and more vulnerable to catch a little cold..get a migraine etc....
                    lol i think too much!

Comment

lol nah its all good, and yeah thats what i always though, i deal in terms of energies though so i always believed i had to pay for the spell with some of my own energy and with that lull i didnt have enough energy for my own body to keep its defence as powerful.

Comment

lol nah its all good, and yeah thats what i always though, i deal in terms of energies though so i always believed i had to pay for the spell with some of my own energy and with that lull i didnt have enough energy for my own body to keep its defence as powerful.
                        i see. interesting train of thought!

Comment

Whenever I've done healing (and I don't anymore for this reason) I don't expend too much energy but I take in the persons pain on one level or another. I say I am not leaking my own reservoir because I am not tired or drained, just neutral, but with a headache, bad mood, etc. I am also kind of empathic, so I really don't like healing others with energy. If I can help engage in uplifting conversation or philosophical/spiritual discussion with people that are low or sickly this helps the both of us out. They get out of their mood and are energized thus they are filled with positive feelings and their mental or physical pain is lessened until they have the time/ability to get healed by a professional themselves. Although I frown upon the New Age movement I do believe in the power of the mind and positive thought. I still hold this as the first and last steps on recovery from any sort of negative consequences.

Comment

Working...
                          X