Yoga enthusiasts here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yoga enthusiasts here?

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=704.msg12039#msg12039 date=1289500367]
    Went to hatha yoga last night for the first time - I liked it! It's very similar to kundalini.
    [/quote]

Great to hear you liked it.

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=704.msg12040#msg12040 date=1289500674]
      Great to hear you liked it.
      [/quote]

Yeah I did! I think I will keep going to that one. Also, I got a super awesome offer for bikram yoga (the hot yoga) so for really cheap, I get 20 sessions. I'm going to wait a little bit to try that out, but I'm excited to try it!

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=704.msg12051#msg12051 date=1289502734]
        Also, I got a super awesome offer for bikram yoga (the hot yoga) so for really cheap, I get 20 sessions. I'm going to wait a little bit to try that out, but I'm excited to try it!
        [/quote]

*is jealous* ;D

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=704.msg12038#msg12038 date=1289500135]
          Could be matter of translation and language too? I know it in Finnish only and it's a swan pose directly translated. Also, I think we were taught it's a swan both when your upper body is up and you're leaning to your hands and when you lean forward after that (seen in the picture). Could it be that the first one is known as a swan in general and the second one (in the picture) as a pigeon? Also.. we keep our hands near us and don't straighten our arms like in the picture. But i thought it's the same one as your legs are exactly on the same way.
          [/quote]

I found this video and if you look at another of her videos she shows the pigeon pose as well. They are very similar! Thanks for inspiring me to learn the difference!

http://www.ehow.com/video_2350653_yoga-swan-pose.html

Comment

[quote author=Veronica link=topic=704.msg12063#msg12063 date=1289503522]
            I found this video and if you look at another of her videos she shows the pigeon pose as well. They are very similar! Thanks for inspiring me to learn the difference!

http://www.ehow.com/video_2350653_yoga-swan-pose.html
            [/quote]

Thanks for the video! It really is clarifying.

Comment

I've been yoga-ing for about 8 years. It's come and gone based on my amount of free time and how much living room space I have to practice in. I started with tapes, then DVDs, been to a few classes, and read a lot of Yoga Journal, so I'm not really sure what "style" I practice.

Comment

I had to quit yoga-ing a few years back because of what turned into a ruptured disc resulting in a spinal fusion. My doc has given me the go ahead to start back up so I'm looking for a class now.

Comment

I do hatha 1-4 times a week, depending on how active I'm feeling. I really like it!

Mostly art.

Comment

Anyone find that they're in love with Namaste Yoga, this awesome show?

I think its simply fantastic. The commentary is soothing, the visuals are soothing, and the asana sequences are simple and flow together beautifully. I love it.
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Haven't heard of it, something online or on TV?

Comment

[quote author=picaboo link=topic=704.msg21595#msg21595 date=1292035616]
                        Haven't heard of it, something online or on TV?
                        [/quote]

Its a show on FitTV. Might be able to find some on YouTube.
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Storm link=topic=704.msg21364#msg21364 date=1291992284]
                          I had to quit yoga-ing a few years back because of what turned into a ruptured disc resulting in a spinal fusion. My doc has given me the go ahead to start back up so I'm looking for a class now.
                          [/quote]
                          that is so great that you can start it again,
                          What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I left my easiest DVD out for my fiance a couple days ago and he managed to get 10 minutes in before pulling his butt (?). Gotta start somewhere I guess.

Comment

[quote author=picaboo link=topic=704.msg21779#msg21779 date=1292120399]
                              I left my easiest DVD out for my fiance a couple days ago and he managed to get 10 minutes in before pulling his butt (?). Gotta start somewhere I guess.
                              [/quote]

I am sorry, but he PULLED HIS BUTT?! LOL
                              What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

lol whatever muscle is back there, yeah. I laughed too.

Comment

Working...
                                X