Faeries... Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faeries... Any advice?

I've been having all of these dreams telling me to connect with Faeries or perform some sort of ritual for the Faeries. When I was a kid, I was fascinated by them. I used to think that I saw them everywhere. It's strange that this old interest has spontaneously resurfaced in my life.
    Anyway, I was wondering if there's anyone lurking about the forums who might have some advice about this. Anyone have any experience with Faerie spirituality? Performed any Faerie based ceremonies? Have any relevant sources of information about them? Any knowledge you might have would be appreciated

Re: Faeries... Any advice?

I don't have experience with faeries but I was recently given a deck of The Heart of Faeries Oracle cards which are amazing...maybe have a look?
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Comment

From what I know Faeries only appear when they want to appear, and they seem to have appeared to you, so, one thing I know is there are several types of Faeries, such as Dryads (Earth), Pixies (Air), Sylphs and Sprites (Water) and Salamanders (Fire), and some even consider elves, dwarves, goblins, gnomes- any metaphysical creature including angels and gods- Faeries, but I would stick to the elemental versions for ease of working with them.

Spending time in nature and communicating with them and making little Faerie houses out of sticks and brush is a great way to connect. Leave some money, coins, and even a few little gems for them. Some say they like milk, but I don't drink milk so I don't offer it, so I don't know about this, but this is what people say.

From the Irish perspective (there was a link somewhere for YouTube about their views), they say don't mess with the Faeries. If you see them, good, but let them be. Then again, their are the Faerie witches, so... in my opinion, if the come to you then play. Some can be mischievous, I guess, but I don't know about this either. Healing with the Faeries by Doreen Virtue is actually the only book I have fully read on the subject, the rest comes from the inter net and the Faerieworlds festival. Good luck on your journey!

Comment

Old memories are often the seeds being laid preemptively to solidify and guide you in your experiences later in life. I know I as a child was very interested in magic and its workings, though the magic I was involved in was fictional. I am not a practitioner of magic now but sometimes on a calm day I sit back and remember my younger days, and revel in the fact that I was such a pagan child without ever even knowing of it.

Just thought I'd weigh in on your earlier fascination with Faeries. Good luck on your workings with them.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and information, everyone
          I'm going to try leaving some offerings of houses or flower petals, see what happens.

Comment

Fairies like cake and milk, so when you lay traps for them use those as bait. Just make sure you save the blood, fairy blood has a great many uses.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
              Fairies like cake and milk, so when you lay traps for them use those as bait. Just make sure you save the blood, fairy blood has a great many uses.
              It's not wise to trap the fae.

There are many kinds of faerie. They are nature spirits closely aligned with the natural environment. Some are elemental, like gnomes, salamanders, undines and sylphs, others are house spirits like brownies and boggarts. Many are powerful, most are mischievous. In folklore green attracts woodland fairy and red repels them. Fae magic can be dispelled by doing things inverted, like moving backwards or wearing clothing inside out and backward. It is also dispelled by salt and certain herbs. Some are burned by cold iron.

The fae are mostly a kind of fun loving spirits but their concepts of life, time and fun can differ substantially from that of humans. Usually they are invisible, unless they want to be, unless viewed in certain ways, like in between places (dusk or dawn, the boundary between the shore and sea, things like that) or seen with the second sight. Faerie like milk and bread, some berries and abound in places of fertile soil and clean water. Many kinds have particular peculiarities that are specific to them, for example knockers are cave fairies that hate swearing. Talking to them like theyre human can go a long way, just remember that they sometimes think in extremely inhuman ways.
              Circe

Comment

There has been a lot of good advice given already. But I would like to add that the Faeries, as we most often think of them, are not always the real energy that is coming through. Cute little sprites and winged creatures, like Tinkerbell may be a type of faerie, but more often than not they are a manifestation of a larger Fae energy, which can be a big an intense experience to interact with. There is a pretty good book called The Fairy Folk, by McCoy that has some good basic information to get started with. If you discover that what you are working with is more Fae like than faerie like, I highly recommend anything by RJ Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix LeFae View Post
                  I would like to add that the Faeries, as we most often think of them, are not always the real energy that is coming through. Cute little sprites and winged creatures, like Tinkerbell may be a type of faerie, but more often than not they are a manifestation of a larger Fae energy, which can be a big an intense experience to interact with.
                  This is good advice. In their natural form many fae are grotesque or at least strange. Elves can have tails and be covered in fur, Skogsra have hollow backs and bark skin, trolls and ogres are gigantic. Its nice to remember that many are shape shifters and can appear however they want.
                  Circe

Comment

My advice is to be very cautious. Fae are spirits and not all spirits are nice. In fact most Fae are quite mischievous and will trick you into helping them. But, if you do set up a connection to a Fae remember to never give it your name hide your name from it. Words and especially names carry with them a very hefty price.

Sorry to be the harsh downer, but I don't want anyone hurt.
                    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
                    -Confucius

Blog

Comment

think small

Comment

Working...
                      X