A Warrior's Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Warrior's Path

I wrote this a few years ago but the current thread about warrior's got me to thinking about it again http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...-and-Concerned .

So I though id share it. As I stated I wrote this some years ago so other's may have seen it already.

A Warrior’s Path

I stand here upon the pinnacle of space; I look about at each and every face.
    Some are old and known to me, Others are new and virginal I see.
    Man and woman stand side by side, color no issue red, black, brown, yellow we bide.
    Each of us a loner, an individual inside, yet together a brother/sister hood, a force that wont hide.

Each of us with dreams, dreams we embrace, dreams of a person, future or place.
    Dreams of things and the ways they might be, dreams of peace and prosperity
    Dreams of loved one’s and the future they hold, dreams of dear one’s we long to hold
    Dreams and memories, they dance at our side, a companion to comfort as the night does drag by.

Those faces are the ones you see, but what about the shadows that always stand next to me?
    To one side stand those as old as time, some dark in their radiance yet some so bright and fine.
    Many are the names they are called; many are the things they have seen.
    Some call them the “Horsemen” or other such things, while others call them a hope for tomorrow and the future it brings.

A sword and gauntlet I hold within my hand, A shield for protection for where I stand.
    The hand cold and barren, death holds it so still, with a single swipe its death, yes death I will deal
    Yes death he whispers in my mind, Become one with me or your fate is mine
    Give yourself to me on this field of battle, or you fall upon this place, fall with the rest of the cattle.

My Lord has a terrible face; Death, Pestilence, War and Pain are the plains he does inbrace.
    Physical weapon and knowledge he does install, the power to use the power to wield and the power to kill.
    A fervor he plants deep in my mind, a call to the battle, a call to the line.
    a charge he exerts, a call to me, a path few walk that few others will ever see
    Together we ride to face the foe, a field of battle together we go.

Yes, I may have to strike or fall, have to be willing to give it up, yes give it up all
    My life I lay on the altar, at my Lord and Ladies feet, a cost to me, each and every day, it a price I’m willing to pay
    I must be willing to lay it down for one and all, for one is good as another in this cosmic ball

But my Lady influences me to. Look behind the shield I use to protect you.
    See there within my hand, see the fruit I hold so dear, See that treat so special and true
    Many are the seed I hold, faith, Hope, Beauty, Free if you want them, oh there’s so many.
    Seeds that are given without a price, Seeds to make a future that so heavenly and nice.

Now my Lord his words ring loud, but listen to my Lady as she speaks within the sound.
    My Lord his cries echo upon the plain, yet my Lady speaks of compassion and soothing and other such things
    Destroy his voice cries, go to the battle, give into the beserker, and let the blood fly.
    My lady says hold your arm and offers a chance, let them see the truth before the swords fly and dance.

Many a battle they’ve led me through, Many a fight they told me what to do.
    Many a time I fought upon that field, faced creatures and shadows and the servants of man to name but a few
    the plain of man but one of a few, I’ve strode the fields of night, and faced the Shadow’s too
    I’ve ridden the spiral and battled within, I’ve ridden the wings and battled with men.

Yes many a fight have I had, yet many a wound I’ve cleaned to make good not bad.
    The seeds I’ve sown I’ve planted with passion, for where they rise the land is not ashen.
    Many a hand I’ve held out to a former foe, the blackness gone all that remains is the glow
    Yes, many a time I’ve scabbard the sword to grab a rake or help with the herd,
    Many a furrow I’ve cut into the land,
    some to bury an opponent some to plant the future of man

The charges of my path are great and demanding, yet the people I help are great and many
    The children I’ve touched and raised from the dirt, more than make up for the hours of work.
    Many a hope I think I planted, many a dream I fulfilled yet I must never take it for granted

My path is filled with many test and much learning
    With every step my knowledge doth increase
    But I must forever be aware of the price and the cost that it seeks
    For I am but a spoke in the wheel

A spoke that can break under the weight or help carry the load.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!
Working...
X