Naming my new kitten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming my new kitten

I am getting a new bouncing baby boy, and I want a name that is holy in its own way and will have a a deep significance for me. (I'm thinking Dagda, but idk if I should name a cat after him. Kinda big shoes for the little guy to fill.)

I was hoping for something dealing with fate, destiny, or direction but I can only find goddesses that deal with those.

But, anything will be grand!

Any ideas?

Re: Naming my new kitten

..I'm not sure if I'm the right one to give advice as I have two cats, both named after gods. It's not that I expect them to fill the shoes so much as they have personality traits (and physical) that just suit them with those names.
    So Dagda sounds really nice to me.
    But http://www.behindthename.com has some really awesome lists of cultural/mythological/historical names and their meanings. It could be worth taking a look there.
    My Tumblr
    My Webcomic
    My Twitter

Comment

Thanks!

I never really understood just how many Celtic gods and goddesses there were until I started looking all of them up!

Comment

I love behindthename for name stuff. I'm sure you can find something to fit your wants there. It's quite extensive
        Circe

Comment

Working...
        X