Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festivals, Campgrounds, Meetups?

Howdy,

Are there any festivals, campgrounds, or meetups in the States?

I would love to go to a convention or the like to meet others, I've heard of camp grounds dedicated to paganism, wiccanism, and the like but I have no idea where to start looking.

Any information would be a blessing! (I'd love to meet more people!)

Re: Festivals, Campgrounds, Meetups?

Faerieworld's in Eugene, OR is a pagan festival I went to. It's half pagan/cosplay, but there are a lot of pagan bands, booths and some basic classes. It's more of a family festival, but the last night they do an interesting mythology about Faerie's.

Other ones I have not been to are PantheoCon (I know it's in Northern California for sure) and Witch Camp (Southern California). If you have any local pagan or New Age shops, they might be able to point you in the right direction as well.

Comment

There are a lot of great festivals and camps. At the end of June is California Witchcamp in Northern CA. Every February is Pantheacon, which is the largest Pagan convention in the world and two weeks later in Detroit is Convocation (I think that is what it is called) and it is the second largest. There are Witchcamps in BC, Minnesota, Vermont, and PA at different times of the year. As well as Pagan Spirit Gathering in WI and Dragoncon is Colorado. Plus, a few cruises! And there are some other tradition specific gatherings too.

Comment

Awesome! Where can I research these?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDorothy View Post
          Awesome! Where can I research these?
          WitchVox is a great place to start. If you Google "witchcamp" you will find the website that lists all of them and the same with Pcon and PSG. So many fun things to do!

Comment

Yeah I found out about witchvox too from this forum. On there you can search for local events, groups, and other stuff.
            Through that site I found that there is a Wiccan church in my city, and they provide teachings and stuff.
            Haven't actually met them or got involved with anything yet, but I would have never known about them otherwise.
            I'm sure that if you can find any local groups or whatever, they will know about festivals, meetings, events, etc.

Comment

St. Louis just had a really awesome Pagan Picnic. Pagan Pride Day is coming up in September, too. You can go to Meetup.com and search for Pagan groups in your area. The Pagan community stinks on the Illinois side of St. Louis, so I've really had to stretch to find a community for me.

Good luck!

Comment

Haha, cool! I have to go on there then! lol

Comment

Working...
                X