Newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcomer

Hi. I'm new to Wicca. I've been studying it a lot lately and I was just wondering if there was any advice you guys could give to a newbie? Thanks

Re: Newcomer

I don't really know much about Wicca but welcome to the forum! All I can really suggest is to read and ask lots of direct questions. If you ask vague or broad questions, you will get a different answer from almost everyone you ask. Direct questions will help steer the conversation.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Read. Read, read, read, read, read.

And start here.

Defining Paganism What *is* a pagan? Well...one way to look at it is that it is anyone that calls themselves a pagan ;). Or, if you go the dictionary route: The word pagan, according to Mirriam-Webster arises from 14th Middle English variation of the Latin paganus, meaning civilian or country dweller or from pagus,

Just resurrecting this topic from the old board. A reminder that the opinions expressed here will be based on my PERSONAL beliefs. If you have any questions regarding general Wicca, if I know the answer, I'll provide it. If I don't, I can probably look it up. I have a fairly large collection of Wiccan books

Welcome to the Forum!

Mostly art.

Comment

I would say particularly study the history behind it. I highly highly recommend reading The Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton, as it gives an unbiased, scholarly account of how Wicca was formed as we know it today. By reading that you can avoid the myths and misunderstanding that even many Wiccans seem to have about their own religion.

But in the end, as I always say for spirituality, if it works, it works.

Comment

Howdy!

I'd have to say, follow your instincts. If you're reading something and you feel it just doesnt mesh, put it down and move on. (No offense to anyone) but this isn't the Bible. There isn't a clear "do this" or "do that", its more of a "choose your own path" thing.

But, other than that I'd say ask questions. Hopefully you'll find the answers you're looking for.

Welcome!

Comment

Paganism: The Choose Your Own Adventure of spirituality.
            Welcome, first off and second, all the advice you're getting here is great. Read a lot, ask a lot of questions, and don't be afraid to look at paths outside of wicca too. I have personally found that, though I have my path, there is much to be learned and sometimes integrated from others.
            My Tumblr
            My Webcomic
            My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by wisp View Post
              Paganism: The Choose Your Own Adventure of spirituality.
              Welcome, first off and second, all the advice you're getting here is great. Read a lot, ask a lot of questions, and don't be afraid to look at paths outside of wicca too. I have personally found that, though I have my path, there is much to be learned and sometimes integrated from others.
              Could you PLEASE do a comic short of Choose Your Own Adventure: Pagan Edition?

Mostly art.

Comment

XD I think I might have to now, Vol.
                My Tumblr
                My Webcomic
                My Twitter

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    Could you PLEASE do a comic short of Choose Your Own Adventure: Pagan Edition?
                    I want a copy!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                      X