Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religion

Originally posted by Louisvillian View Post
    This viewpoint reminds me strongly of my friend Lauren. She's expressed, in conversations, an ambivalence about the existence of the gods. Unsure as to whether she views them as thoughtforms and archetypes, or as real beings.
    I think its not that odd of a POV. I'm ambivalent as to the existence and nature of the gods...I worship them anyway, because I experience them, and it works for me.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Religion

This thread answers a question I had. One thing that interested me was the friendliness of all the replies (even from those who believe in gods). Try questioning the creator's existence in a Christian forum and I fear the answers would be more terse and judgemental. As I understand it if you did it in a Muslim forum and your life could be in danger as this is a sin punishable by death.

This is one of the reasons I have been turned away by such religions and ideologies.

It was nice to see the sympathetic answers for the OP. Makes me feel more comfortable about asking questions of this type here.

Comment

Working...
      X