Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curse

Hi Everyone,
    so I am in need of some help and I am hoping I can find it among's You guys!
    A friend of mine has been redoing her backyard...to make a long story short...there were some old rosebushes she didn't want anymore
    so they were all uprooted. What she found beneath them is where the worrying starts...
    She recovered a glass jar, filled with muddy/dirty water...a picture of her and her BF...with only her eyes scratched out and it looked like there
    was also hair in it. the entire thing was sealed in red wax around the cap.
    Now I have been trying to do some research but i cannot for the life of me find out what this thing could be. I am guessing nothing good,
    since her eyeballs in the pic were scratched out. A number of bad things have been happening to her for a while now as well...so i am really not sure
    about what exactly she is up against...
    Important info: she is not pagan, she doesnt practice magick...nor does anyone else in her house...so she doesnt know anything about these things
    and didnt do anything to anyone else that could now want revenge....thought i should add that lol
    my questions are:
    1. do any of you know what this jar was suppose to do? any ideas?
    2. have you any idea what pagan culture this could be from?
    3. and pretty much anything and everything...any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance and many Blessings!

Re: Curse

Consider the trespasser/stalker route. This may be a person who is mentally deranged. If anybody in that house is capable of carrying a gun, or something to defend the house, I'd recommend it. Also they should get an alarm system.

The metaphysical world has some pretty scare demons but the worst demons are walking around as humans.

Also, before doing anything too drastic, ask the boyfriend/husband, any people in the area, if they pulled a really dumb prank by putting that there.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

You know this also has all the elements of a love spell.

Buried beneath roses which are the symbol of eternal love, especially if they are red roses. All giving the suggestion of eternity as well as ability to protect itself.

Sealed in red wax which denotes blood and longevity. Also locking within the vessel and sealing it from any outside influences.

Sealed within a glass jar that could be construed as reflecting everything back in upon whatever is contained within. Sealed against any external influences or temptations. Formatted to give strength by holding it all together and creating a barrier which binds the objects within as a singular unit.

Love is blind in its truest sense and driven by the heart and emotions not by visual manipulations which often are indicative of lust. Unfortunately with her eyes being scratched out it is potentially a negative as well in that she will not look beyond it with her eyes but rely upon her heart and emotions only. The inclusion of hair suggests it is directed against her, potentially by the other party in the union.

While I can not prove it I would highly believe or suggest that the liquid is probably a combination of urine and perhaps semen. Which can be used to mark boundaries and lay claim to something with which it is used to mark. It also from a boundary marking is used to keep away certain spirits or people. Think of the usage of urine in establishing boundaries but also of driving away things as a means of protection. Something you see used at times by animal rights groups to keep deer or other creature's away from hunting areas. If it included needles, nails or pins then it would be more of a negative or harmful usage.

As to who uses that type casting it's hard to tell considering what I've listed falls under folk or granny magics. Definitely low class magics which uses sympathetic energies to make it work.

But like all love spells or potions its also a glamoury and causes more trouble when it collapses. Especially troublesome to the person upon whom it is cast for it causes them to look upon what another has manipulated to paint a desired love not a true love or romantic love. To see them as you desire to see them not as they might actually be but the glamour fails and you see them in both lights. Usually resulting in a love - hate relationship as the spell unwinds.

Of course this is all my own opinion and training so other's may see it differently.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I feel very dumb about my suggestion now that you have put such a sophisticated and more applicable answer.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
          I feel very dumb about my suggestion now that you have put such a sophisticated and more applicable answer.
          No reason to feel dumb. I have to admit when I first read the post my initial though was the rose scene in the movie Practical Magic I think it was with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. They bury a body under a rose bush and it (rose bush) becomes possessed by the spirit of an evil guy and tries to exact vengeance upon Nicole Kidman's character.

Comment

Thanks much for the great and quick replys...seriously no reason to feel dumb Doc_Holiday...when she first told me about all of this happening i honestly had the exact same reaction...GET A GUN....ALARM SYSTEM...CRAZY STALKER DUDE!!! lol so i totally get where you are coming from. and honestly i still did tell them to make sure they lock their doors when they leave hahahaha i know kinda silly, but its kinda creepy!
            I really do like your idea monso_leedra... i find myself very curious about these kinds of things, especially the meaning behind every single factor...and its curious, she does have a very jealous ex lover...i mean who knows!
            i think it will be very hard to determine what the intention was. i am just hoping the more ideas i get the more i will maybe be able to help her. especially if it is something very negative.
            btw i did tell them to make sure it is not just a very dumb prank by someone...they guaranteed, that they seriously dont know of anyone who would want to scare them like this.
            i was also thinking about folk or granny magick...think thats a good hunch...at first it did remind me of a witch bottle (it most certainly is not after closer examining of it, but at first that was my first guess)...which is common folk magic. it has some similarities...
            uuummmm one other thing...disposing of it...casting it into a river maybe?? seems to always work with other things...anyone else have any ideas when it comes to getting rid of this jar?? of course they dont want it around anymore lol

Comment

Truthfully if I was getting ride of it i'd burn out the jar, pour the contents of the jar through rocks or gravel into the earth but away from my residence. Burn the lid and have the wax consumed in the flame. Then i'd toss the lid in one trash can away from the residence, place the jar itself into another trash can away from the residence but ensure I smashed the jar into smaller pieces. As a last resort i'd probably build a small fire over the area where I dumped the contents so the flame would destroy any left overs that might linger on the surface. The picture itself i'd probably cut in half then burn both halves at a different spot from the possibility that the person in the photo is the one who created it and by separating them it further weakens and destroys the spell.

Comment

It could also be worth scattering salt on any ashes before you dispose of them, and digging some salt into the ground where the jar was buried. Other than this, I think monsno_leedra has given you excellent advice.

If your friend is still uneasy even after disposing of the item, then it's worth considering some protective work around the home and garden. Nothing too extreme - just enough to feel comfortable again. And good luck!
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

You've gotten great advice and all I really want to add is that perhaps burying protective stones on the corners of the property could help with a feeling of ease and to filter out some of the negativity of the event.
                  Hope your friends are doing ok
                  My Tumblr
                  My Webcomic
                  My Twitter

Comment

If you live near a moving body of water I would chuck the whole thing in without opening it if you could. Some witch bottles have urine in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                      If you live near a moving body of water I would chuck the whole thing in without opening it if you could. Some witch bottles have urine in them.
                      From a folkish perspective you throw it whole into the water and all you've done is make it untouchable in trying to remove it. Moving water does nothing to break it's enchantment all it does is bury it in the soft mud at the river, lake or stream bottom still as active and potent as ever. It has to be disassembled to break it down.

I always equate it to dealing with toxic waste. You can bury it or toss it but it still remains toxic waste until it is actually destroyed. Until then it simply rots and corrupts the environment in which it is hidden or buried, just making it harder to deal with properly at a later time.

From a cursed item perspective i'd love it if you'd just toss something like that into a moving body of water as one who sets the curse. The curse remains intact and you've given it a natural energy source from which to draw energy or power as it either tumbles along or is acted upon by the water and what ever may be in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      It could also be worth scattering salt on any ashes before you dispose of them, and digging some salt into the ground where the jar was buried. Other than this, I think monsno_leedra has given you excellent advice.

If your friend is still uneasy even after disposing of the item, then it's worth considering some protective work around the home and garden. Nothing too extreme - just enough to feel comfortable again. And good luck!
                      Salt can be a good item but can also be deadlier to the environment than the actual item is to the one its being directed at. As a purification source i'd actually use some sort of ground up sage, cedar fronds or ground cedar or even ash from a sacred fire. While a little salt usually is not harmful it's difficult at times to determine just how little is little in usage.

Think about salted meat and how long it retains that heavy salt taste or feel to it. Even how a little bit of salt water can corrupt a fresh water source or kill the plants where it lays.

Comment

Smash it, salt it and burn it are the basic measures to destroy most physical spells. Scatter anything left over running water or wind and do a banishing for extra measure. Glass jars filled with different things are used in lots of different spells. If it has bodily tissues or fluids, nails, thorns or other bad things then its probably a curse. The wax and roses would lead one to think love spell, however the roses could just a coincidence and the person thought it would be a good place to hide it. She may also want to consider warding, prayers or other protective measures. Warding can be accomplished in different ways in accordance with any religious or nonreligious beliefs she may have.
                        Circe

Comment

That bottle sounds like some old school Vodou. When it comes to Vodou, there could be a spirit connected to it. In this case find someone experienced in spirit work (in Vodou or Santeria preferably) if possible and see if they can bring the spirit up and out and communicate with it. Spirits usually don't take sides unless they are bound, and even then, if you have a better offer than the caster or explain that the person targeted is not worth the struggle, this could send the spirit on its way. You might even just have to banish, but I would use this as a last resort.

You could even do a reversal or finding spell (which I have never done, this is just conjecture) by doing your own incantation over the bottle to send any intentions of the sender back to them. If you are successful this could cause the sender to break the spell themselves (who wants to eat there own shit?).

If your friend is not pagan and has no spiritual beliefs, or differing spiritual beliefs, the lack of belief in the curse/charm takes its power away. I noticed you said that bad things have been happening prior to the finding of the object. Once the bottle was found you can now surmise that this was the thing causing havoc and now you have control over it. On the other hand, lack of belief and lack of faith in such acts are better than trying to find a cure sometimes. In the metaphysical realm this can be the most potent magic and protection because metaphysical ideas and beings need metaphysical intentions to feed them. Think it through completely logical (a buried bottles- how can that harm you, unless it is filled with air born death chemicals, which it obviously is not) and you take away any power that it has over your friend (as long as they truly believe they do not believe in the curse). The exception is a very powerful sorcerer than can get through someones 'denial', but these people are rare, and I assume someone burying a bottle in someones yard really isn't that powerful. If you want love, ask for it (you know what I mean) and if you want to hurt someone, physically attack them. Simple.

Take away its power by not giving it power, basically.

Comment

Living near creeks and a river if you can throw it far enough to not break it on the rocks you have pretty good arm. Best thing would be if you don't know what your doing find someone who does to handle it. How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post

Salt can be a good item but can also be deadlier to the environment than the actual item is to the one its being directed at. As a purification source i'd actually use some sort of ground up sage, cedar fronds or ground cedar or even ash from a sacred fire. While a little salt usually is not harmful it's difficult at times to determine just how little is little in usage.
                              Years ago, people often dug a small amount of salt into the soil as a fertiliser believe it or not (at least, they did in my part of the world, along with wood ash, soot and even placenta.) I agree that too much salt is harmful, but I didn't expect that the OP would go and copy William the Conqueror in 'sowing the land with salt' which he did in his famous eleventh century Harrying of the North.

In my own experience, you can get away with quite a bit of salt, but if you do feel worried, another alternative is to dissolve a spoonful of salt in some blessed water and use that.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                              X