My Ancestors beliefs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Ancestors beliefs.

I would suggest first getting a sheet of paper and a pen (have a calculator too, in case your maths is as bad as mine ). Now, we allow 30 years per generation, and we double our ancestors every generation. Two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents etc.

By the time you get to 1066, you will have a huge number of ancestors - even most pocket calculators give up by this time.

In fact, we can be related to almost everyone on the planet - have a look at this:
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

The Norse people were not savages.

Here are some videos that can provide clarification

http://youtu.be/xivovaVyVdI (Refuting issues with Viking's TV show)

http://youtu.be/SmzT2xQU_iM (Vikings: Thieves or freedom fighters?)

http://youtu.be/rWknzU0rBhY (Viking Meditation)

The Northern tradition I would say is very spiritual. You can see so in the myths of Northern Europe. Look at All-Father Odin. It is quite obvious to see all the shamanic elements in his attributes and being. Thunor or Thor himself represents such spiritual power of Thunder and Lightening. He hallows by his power. Freya being more than just the Goddess of sex and passion can be said to be Goddess of magic and meditation. There is also proof that the Norse people did meditate through artifacts found which shows a seated man in FULL LOTUS POSITION. Full Lotus position is only for esoteric purposes. I could go on.

Ong Thung Thunoraya Nama
      Last edited by Guest; 02 Jun 2013, 07:27.

Comment

A few points.

A) there was some war because it was a different time. They had to fight other tribes for resources. You aren't expected to enjoy war or take on a warrior mentality just for the sake of it. It had a real purpose then. And every pagan religious group did this.

B) a lot of that horse riding, elite warrior imagery may be an influence from the Huns that conquered some parts of Germania. For example, Attila is recorded in the Voldung Saga as one of the kings. Some scholars don't think the Germanic religion was as blood thirsty as that influence might indicate.

C) The surviving literature was specific for a certain kingly chieftan audience and not the everyday man. Everyday people had different everyday needs. Goddesses of childbirth, gods of farming, ancestors to help with the cattle etc.

I'm not trying g to convince you, I just want to correct that misconception of the tribes and people.

Comment

Half of my ancestors come from the Orkney Islands, and thus are a mix of Norse and Pict. It is interesting that, although originally a raiding outpost and at war with the mainland continuously for 400 years, Orcadians have become a very peaceful people.
          We will be the jerks the world needs.

Comment

Working...
          X