Travel Rituals/Spells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Rituals/Spells

I know there was a post on this a while back, but it's something that is not discussed often and I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'm going on a trip through Morocco and Europe, and I leave on Wednesday. I decided I wanted to do a spell to pave my way on my travels, to protect me, and to open my mind.

So... I did a quick google of travel spells to get ideas and found.... VERY FEW PEOPLE DO TRAVEL MAGICK! Why?

Have any of you guys done any travel magick? Who did you invoke? What tools did you use?

This is the ritual I came up with:

I lit three candles, a white one (with three wicks since Hecate is a triple Goddess), one red (for Aphrodite) and one green (for Gaia), and anointed them with oil. I focused my energies towards a bowl in the center which had Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme, Bleeding Heart and Clover in it, as well as a Hamsa amulet I bought a while back but had never gotten around to charging. I also anointed the herbs and amulet with the oils.

Here's the incantation:

Oils from the farthest reaches,
    Bless these tools.
    Strongest cedar,
    West Indian lime,
    Moroccan jasmine,
    And ancient cardamom.

Hecate
    Triple guardian of the crossroads
    Goddess who lives between
    Bless our journey with safe voyage.
    Protect us, in body and soul,
    So we may pass through your domain,
    Unharmed.

Aphrodite
    Goddess of love
    Graceful deity
    Grant us love of self, and love of others
    On our travails.
    Show us how to love all we meet,
    And let them love us back,
    Unbound and unchained.

Gaia
    Mother of all
    Titanness of Earth
    By these epithets, bring us peace
    As we traverse your home.
    Let us see your world, with virgin eyes.
    Grant us entrance to every corner of this world,
    From Marrakech to Madrid
    From Fribourg to Venezia
    To Milan, and home again.

Goddesses three,
    Light your hearthfires to guide our way.
    Show us worlds we have never seen.
    So mote it be.

Re: Travel Rituals/Spells

For travel I envision a white, or any protective and loving light, surrounding me, my home, the thing I am traveling in and the people I am with and the destination, sometimes the area being traveled as well. I'm not one for elaborate rituals and incantations (unless there only a few words) so I keep it basic. If you don't like visualization, just feel yourself in a ball of safety and open mindedness and recall this feeling whenever you feel scared or closed minded.

I have never ready anything on travel magic but Chaos Magic and a lot of 'modern magicians' have a lot of hands on or street magic that might be of interest. Simple things like creating a sigil for Hecate (as Goddess of roads and seas) or Hermes or Thoth (both Gods of magic and intellect), or whatever deities you work with for the purposes of travel and mental expansion. Or you can just create a symbol that represents travel, safety and mind expansions and concentrate on that symbol every hour on your travels or empower it in a ritual setting. Such as a boat that has a force field around it or cute chubby laughing angels with spears and armor flying around you and keeping you happy and alert. Just some random ideas that are good on the fly (with magical intention, of course).

Comment

Never having been a traveler, I haven't had to put much thought into this. However, I think you made some good choices in your ritual. Personally, I would invoke Hermes for protection while flying (Ra would be another good choice), but Hecate or Gaia for traveling on land and Aphrodite for protection while traveling at sea make perfect sense.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

I spent 23 years in the Navy and I honored both Artemis and Hecate / Hekate for nearly all my travels whether they we're airborne, surface / subsurface or land based. Though I admit I would turn to Poseidon if we we're going to deep water as Hecate / Hekate I find limited to coastal waters not deep ocean waters.

Yet there where never any significant offerings / rituals / ceremonies to any of them. It seemed with Artemis and Hecate / Hekate no extra was needed beyond what I normally did regardless of where I was at. About the only difference was at night beneath the full moon when your way off shore and no man made lights pollute the horizon and the water and Heavens blur. Then all you can do is stand there and become lost in the liminal place between them that pulls your soul and spirit in yet eludes you as it ever stays just outside of your range. That or the absolute blackness that engulfs the ship under the dark moon and you can't even see your hand in front of your face. Again lost in a liminal place where there is everything and absolute nothing all at once about you. There before them, perhaps the wave mist blowing in your face and the sounds of whales, dolphins or such in the darkness and speak to your goddesses or gods and if lucky have them speak back or reveal themselves in some manner.

For those who do not know military ships run darkened at sea except for special occasions / events.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
        X