Kinds of religion for black magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinds of religion for black magic

Hi friends Just asking, if there is any particular religions for practicing black magic?

Re: Kinds of religion for black magic

Supposing that by "black magic" you mean spells designed to hex or otherwise manipulate or harm others, I'm not aware of any tradition that specifically focuses on hexcraft. There are traditions that allow it under certain circumstances, such as Voudou and Santeria. LaVeyan Satanists categorize spells into three subdivisions - Destruction, Charm, and Love/Lust. Destruction rituals are typically intended to "destroy" an enemy in some fashion or another, and by the standards of the Church of Satan, love and lust spells that manipulate others are acceptable.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

None that I know of either - black magic either is or is not part of the package, and it always seems to boil down to the magic users themselves and their personal code of ethics. There are often wildly varied standpoints, even within religions which as a whole may allow its use. My "religion" allows it freely within certain parameters, but in truth, I don't hold to any particular religion exactly.

Why do you ask? I can't imagine a Catholic would have much to do with that sort of thing...

Comment

There are plenty of deities invoked to make curses, worship of these deities may constitute as a black magic religion but as others have said it boils down to personal choice usually to use magic negatively
        Circe

Comment

I don't understand why one would say, "...religion for black magic..." as if black magic and religion must go together. You can practice black magic and not be affiliated with a religion.

{Edited}
          I just wanted to clarify the comment. I personally am neutral about the practice of magic when it comes to other people. I feel it is their choice entirely, whether they choose to practice and what type.

Comment

I agree with what has already been stated - there really is no specific religion which is based wholly upon the "practice of black magick". Again, as was said, many religions - especially those of the Left Hand Path - allow, condone or encourage Maleficium. My path is Theistic Satanism - there is no ethical code within my tradition, but it condones the use of "black magick". There are other traditions which could be said to be more akin to a "religion based on wickedness" (again, "wicked" is a subjective term) than others - some would suggest that the Order of Nine Angles was one such tradition.

Religions devoid of a moral/ethical code such as the Wiccan Rede will be more likely to condone the use of black magick - even then, I'm sure there are even some Neo-Wiccans who practice such as the Rede is open to interpretation.

Comment

Well, as the OP is described as a Catholic, then you must know that the black mass was originally an inversion of the catholic mass. So Catholicism would be a good starting point for certain types of 'black magic.' Of course you have to find a defrocked priest and a willing nun for the best effect....
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I believe that because of rituals religions was created. Because only religions doing some rituals for the spirits.So im thinking that there will be a common religions making black magic. Becuase making a black magic are also following rituals.You know what i mean.Thts why im thinking for a religions.But thanks anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

What about wiccans.Wiccans are know as modern pagan and witchcraftreligion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizards View Post
                  I believe that because of rituals religions was created. Because only religions doing some rituals for the spirits.So im thinking that there will be a common religions making black magic. Becuase making a black magic are also following rituals.You know what i mean.Thts why im thinking for a religions.But thanks anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

What about wiccans.Wiccans are know as modern pagan and witchcraftreligion.
                  I might suggest two things:
                  A) consider what you're liking. Often times, wiki pages aren't the most resourceful or accurate places to gain knowledge
                  B) neither of those pages mention anything about black magick. I'd recommend reading the links before you post the.

On that note, please consider our forum rules (particularly the bit about spamming) before blatantly tossing out links left and right, now that you have managed 15 posts.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

In the universe, there are laws and mechanisms that act regardless of whether you know them or not, whether you believe in them or not.
                    To perform miracles - you have to start working for yourself. These are serious things that have nothing to do with fairy tales about Harry Potter.
                    Every action has a reflection. It's one thing if you are a beginner in this business - and you did not succeed. And another thing, when you are using the ritual - have not achieved that goal, but other than that harmed themselves.
                    In order to practice black magic, you do not need any religion. Or are you looking for someone to worship?

Comment

There is no such thing as black magic, the art is what it is, it is Users who are white, black or inbetween. Any modern religion is as capable of dark actions as is any older art.

Comment

The Temple of Set would be a religion that comes to mind that works heavily with 'black magic'. They differentiate the concepts into Lower Black Magic and Higher Black Magic- basically, Lower Black Magic is attaining worldly desires (including healing) and Higher Black Magic is communion with Set and/or the Scarlett Woman and attaining what they call Remanifestation, or Immortality of their conscious selves beyond physical death (their Great Work).

Comment

Originally posted by Wizards View Post
                          Hi friends Just asking, if there is any particular religions for practicing black magic?
                          Why on Earth would you want to stain yourself like that? I don't mean to be offensive or anything here, I'm just saying that there's some kinds of stains that don't wash off. Willful harm to others is a particularly good example of that.

World's bad enough without deliberately making things worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                          Supposing that by "black magic" you mean spells designed to hex or otherwise manipulate or harm others, I'm not aware of any tradition that specifically focuses on hexcraft. There are traditions that allow it under certain circumstances, such as Voudou and Santeria. LaVeyan Satanists categorize spells into three subdivisions - Destruction, Charm, and Love/Lust. Destruction rituals are typically intended to "destroy" an enemy in some fashion or another, and by the standards of the Church of Satan, love and lust spells that manipulate others are acceptable.
                          As I understand it, there are some very serious ramifications for Voodoo practitioners who lay curses on people.

And also, though I admit I don't know much about it, the Lavey crowd aren't really into harming people, any more than anyone else is.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                            Why on Earth would you want to stain yourself like that? I don't mean to be offensive or anything here, I'm just saying that there's some kinds of stains that don't wash off. Willful harm to others is a particularly good example of that.

World's bad enough without deliberately making things worse.
                            I agree and disagree. I agree, doing harm in a world full of harm just seems overkill.
                            On the other hand, as a Satanist, I have known many(and I dabbled in it myself) to perform 'black magic' with due diligence.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              I agree and disagree. I agree, doing harm in a world full of harm just seems overkill.
                              On the other hand, as a Satanist, I have known many(and I dabbled in it myself) to perform 'black magic' with due diligence.
                              The world's a toilet. There's no need to make things worse.

And I'm defining "black magic" as "setting out to do harm to people by supernatural means", and if that's NOT what it means, then I retract the post you quoted.

Comment

Working...
                              X