Aghora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aghora

I just want to share that I have a lot of respect for the Aghori sect of 'Hinduism'. The Aghori are strange people, but their teachings is what I accept.

Aghori can mean non-terrible. It is an expression of how they can accept everything of life with no problems. They are nondualist. Meaning they also accept duality within their nondualist teachings. They regard everything as perfect because it is made of Consciousness which they refer to as Shiva.
    These people break every taboo in their culture as a means of worship. This includes eating meat, having sex, drinking alcohol and other drugs, and sometimes even other rites such as homosexual rituals. They do these practices as a discipline in order to overcome concepts and limitation. They also have a ritual in which they meditate on a corpse (they collect bodies of the dead in the Ganges river) and also consume the flesh of the corpse. This seems sick and maybe 'evil' to some. But although it does look disrespectful, they do it because they view it as a discipline and revere that the body is not who we are. When a body is absent of life energy, then it is simply food just like any other dead animal.
    They will meditate on the corpse and invoke Kali (the great warrior Goddess). They may even make offerings to Gods and Goddesses with their urine and fecies as again they regard all as Shiva.
    Their path is not for all and many western people would just abuse it by doing the 'taboo' practices to get off so to speak. However, the system is very powerful and it all goes back to Lord Shiva himself who is attributed with being an Aghori.

Heres a wikipedia look at Aghori

Om Namah Shivaya
    Om namo bhagavati Rudraya

Re: Aghora

Here is a good website on the aghori way. http://www.aghori.it/aghori_eng.htm

Here is a short documentary on Aghori http://youtu.be/W0bGrvKVxac

Om Namah Shivaya
    Sivoham Sivoham

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Wasn't this one of the faiths featured in 80 Faiths Around The World?

*sets out to find it*

EDIT: Found it!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There's a link for the section of the documentary concerning Aghora. (Although I highly recommend watching the entire documentary!)
      Last edited by Raphaeline; 10 Jun 2013, 16:44.

Comment

I love these series. I have not finished all of them. I am surprised there are documentaries including Aghoris. A lot of time people are afraid of them. Thanks for the link

Om Namah Shivaya

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
          X