Card spreads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card spreads

Do people find that specific spreads work for specific decks and that certain spreads are useless with certain decks? EG Past/Present/Future Spread, Key Spread, Celtic Cross Spread etc
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Card spreads

Anyone? lol
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Comment

I honestly haven't used a real spread in years... I tend to just pull the cards that call, lay them in a way that makes them happy, and interpret it from there. No set amount of cards, no pre-set layout, nothing. And I've used about a dozen decks in my time (down to 3 now), it hasn't changed for me.

Comment

I do a lot of 3 rune draws, kind of past/present/future. Or just a single card. That's about it. And works well enough for me. (these are runes though, not cards, as you probably picked up)
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm more of a pull the cards as they want to be pulled sort of reader too.

Although, with my Transparent Tarot deck, I like the three by three---three stacks of three cards
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I tend to go with either a single or three card spread, depending on which feels right at the time. Usually the bigger spreads do more to muddy the meaning for me than help clarify.
            Haven't noticed much difference between the decks I've used though for which is preferred.
            Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Right now (still a beginner) I mostly use a card a day. I use other small spreads now and then to help practice. Haven't tried any ones bigger than...5 cards I think? Usually no bigger than 3. Yesterday I did a card for the day and it was the tower so I wanted more information and drew 3 after that. I screwed up in reading it though but figured it out later . I've done past/present/future and mind/body/spirit 3 card spreads. I had 2 decks before I had a house fire last year that I never really got into. After they got destroyed my friend gave me a pack as a gift and i've been working with it great! It's The golden Tarot by Liz dean. The ones I had before? The traditional Rider-Waite and Crowley Thoth...I don't think I connected with them for whatever reason. I may have if I tried, I was really lazy, but turns out it really didn't matter I guess. I'll eventually get more decks when I can afford it, see how it works out.

Comment

I am a bit of a 'deck-head' and have lots of different decks, although I am thinking of doing a cull and just keeping the ones I work with the most. I started with Tarot (when I was around 14 years old) and these days I prefer to use a Wiccan deck even though I am not a Wiccan as such. I resonate with the symbology and the seasonal aspect to the deck. I generally do a 7 card spread with the Wiccan deck unless it is a quick reading fr a friend then I do the usual 3 card choice of past, present and future.
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

I find some decks are better for answering certain kinds of questions/subjects and what spread I choose depends on what is being asked about.
                  "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                  X