This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you LOL!

Just read a great article that made me laugh copenhell (Danish metal festival) started today. We almost always get noticed by some crazy Christians. Some also usually camp outside the entrance with big white crosses, praying for us (we bring them beer and strike up conversation, they hate that). Well this one was an exorcist who got a an interview in an actual newspaper, explaining how it is our fault that satan is winning and we will all be possessed by demons. It's also the fault of sex, drugs and psychics and the church should start hiring exorcists because, and I quote: 'a church without exprcists is like a country without hospitals'... it's priceless
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Someone shared this video on the conversation group's fb page. Stand up comedy isn't really a thing in Japan so hearing that a Japanese lady was not only doing stand up in English but was pretty good at it, really excited me. Guess that's another crush I have now. 💖

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

^^^ She's funny! I liked that.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

You know what's crazy? I was just wondering about how stand up comedians were in Japan, especially female comedians. So thanks for sharing that Jembru! (did not watch yet but going to)

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
              You know what's crazy? I was just wondering about how stand up comedians were in Japan, especially female comedians. So thanks for sharing that Jembru! (did not watch yet but going to)
              Like I say, there isn't a stand up scene in Japan so any stand up that might exist there is more out of novelty in the way box karaoke or sushi restaurants with conveyer belts exist in the West but aren't part of our culture.

Japan does have rakugo though ('落語' which is literally 'falling words'). I posted about it recently here actually... now where was it again? Ah yes, it was the D&D thread. Here's the video I shared that explains what rakugo is;

rakugo

She's the only English speaking rakugo artist I know, although she does it in Japanese too. Rakugo is more formulated than stand up and while they do warm up with a similar comedy style, like telling funny stories from everyday life, they just use that as a lead-in to the story. It's primarily a form of comedic storytelling with each performer bringing their own twist to the tales, which are usually stories dating back to the Edo period.

I love the mime aspect of rakugo. A talented artist is like a magician turning a handkerchief into a packet of crisps (chips), or a fan into a sword. I just wish I could follow the stories better. They speak very fast (hence 'falling words') and use a lot of old Japanese or dialects that I'm not familiar with.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

This guy is a Japanese stand-up comedian, with an...interesting...action figure

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                  This guy is a Japanese stand-up comedian, with an...interesting...action figure
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egashira_2:50
                  He does stand up? I know this guy, he's pretty famous in Japan but I only know him as a TV personality. -Most Japanese 'comedians' are more like actors and just about every daytime TV show seems to be hosted by them. It's always an over the top skapstick style of humour (if anyone knows Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, they're probably the closest to the comedy style in English). I've never seen him do stand up and can't even imagine how that would play out! I'd love to see it though so I'll look into it.

Comment

I don't know whether to laugh that the above movie exists or cry that a family member spent money to buy it...
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Your family member couldn't be named "Turner" could they...and keep a diary?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I guess this is how you actually get to hell.

Comment

tumblr_o5ivhn6GM71rttabro1_500.jpg
                          This is exactly what I could be doing.
                          baah.

Comment

A teacher called me Hot today and I can't figure out what about it is so funny to me. I think it's because I thought she said something else, actually realized the words coming out of her mouth, then her blushing.
                            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

baah.

Comment

OMG! I keep coming back to this video and laughing my head off! https://www.facebook.com/ObeyIbrahim...1523501701466/
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X