Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share minor things you can do, in order to get healthier!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Share minor things you can do, in order to get healthier!

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

Turn tv watching time into exercise time. Do some stretches, crunches, squats, and lunges as you watch your favorite shows. Even if it's not for the whole time, it will help you tone up a bit.
    I need to do this.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Get the salt pot off the table.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Get the salt pot off the table.
        This one depends a LOT... it's good advice for me (I tend toward hypertension and I get plenty of salt in my diet) but in some cases can lead to electrolyte imbalance and even death. I only say this because I have a friend who landed in the hospital and almost died after cutting her salt intake because she was under the impression that it was the "healthy" thing to do. Definitely one of those "consult with a doctor first" matters.
        We will be the jerks the world needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Starling View Post
          This one depends a LOT... it's good advice for me (I tend toward hypertension and I get plenty of salt in my diet) but in some cases can lead to electrolyte imbalance and even death. I only say this because I have a friend who landed in the hospital and almost died after cutting her salt intake because she was under the impression that it was the "healthy" thing to do. Definitely one of those "consult with a doctor first" matters.
          Yes, fair point!

Comment

For me personally...

- Drink lots of water every day
            - Drink more green tea
            - Try to eat at least one bit of fresh produce every day
            - Fresh air
            There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
            William Wordsworth

Comment

Cut your portions in half.

Comment

Also, use the stairs where possible.
                Eat the colours of the rainbow.
                There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                William Wordsworth

Comment

Apart from eating and exercising, try cutting out things that stress you. Stress causes - or exacerbates - a LOT of illnesses. Sometimes it can be a killer (just my opinion but I'm hanging onto it!)

Comment

It's been said already, a few times, but definitely drinking enough water. It's amazing how quickly I can forget something as fundamental as basic hydration. They say some people overeat because they're actually thirsty and the moisture from food quenches that thirst to some extent. Well, I don't think I have ever mistaken thirst for hunger, but I definitely sometimes feel really thirsty, yet have no desire to drink. Like, I literally don't want anything despite being aware that my body is crying out for fluids. Kinda weird.

So yeah, water is probably the first thing I change when I'm in need of a health boost.

A small change I've made recently is to replace almost all of my carbs with various forms of rice. I'm not a carb hater. I think carbs are cool. We need them. We need quite a lot in fact. I just think sometimes I do eat a little too many bread products. I'm surrounded by skinny little ladies who eat loads of carbs, only it's mainly in the form of rice (yeah, even refined, white rice.. shocker!). I figure, if an entire nation can stay slim on vast amounts of rice, it can't be a bad thing.

It's surprising how easy it is to find rice based substitutes for things too. I'll let you know if it has any impact on my health whatsoever.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Enjoy the little things. Take time to really look at random stuff and enjoy it. Those tiny flowers that most people might call weeds, or that one beautiful tree in the middle of a city block, a tiny puff of nice white cloud in a clear sky, squirrels. Never use an umbrella, just enjoy nature's cleansing shower and walk nice and slow through it. Stress is a bitch, but in the worst of times there will always be the little things.

As for weight loss, one of the weird things I did was start taking the long route as much as possible. Park way out in the end of the parking lot at the store, do my groceries backward (or randomize the list) so I'm walking more to get them. I had a lot more luck with a simple "move more, eat less, don't stress, be awesome" kind of habits than with any diet I've ever been on. The more I stressed out about what I was eating or not eating or should or shouldn't eat, counting calories and discriminating foods, the more likely I was to fall off the wagon; it's always been easier for me to just use common sense and be laid back about it. I strolled my way through losing 70 pounds in about 3-4 months that way.

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
                        Never use an umbrella, just enjoy nature's cleansing shower and walk nice and slow through it.
                        Yes, except in my part of the world. Nature doesn't do cleansing showers here. Nor gentle breezes. Just a deluge or a gale

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

A small change I've made recently is to replace almost all of my carbs with various forms of rice. I'm not a carb hater. I think carbs are cool. We need them. We need quite a lot in fact. I just think sometimes I do eat a little too many bread products. I'm surrounded by skinny little ladies who eat loads of carbs, only it's mainly in the form of rice (yeah, even refined, white rice.. shocker!). I figure, if an entire nation can stay slim on vast amounts of rice, it can't be a bad thing.
                          I eat a hell of a lot more rice now. I love it. And I think it helps.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            I eat a hell of a lot more rice now. I love it. And I think it helps.
                            Doesn't it! It's been 2 weeks so far and I've lost 2lb. Not great, but considering I'm not eating any less than I was, I have literally just swapped bread for rice, I think it's really not bad. Eating it with chopsticks too is a good idea. Well, unless you actually needed that hour for something! ^^
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              Doesn't it! It's been 2 weeks so far and I've lost 2lb. Not great, but considering I'm not eating any less than I was, I have literally just swapped bread for rice, I think it's really not bad. Eating it with chopsticks too is a good idea. Well, unless you actually needed that hour for something! ^^
                              I've swapped rice for bread for 6 months and I've put on like 8 kg... But I don't think that's the rices' fault! haha And I'm quite good with chopsticks, I'm just lazy and like SHOVELLING food into my mouth.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Imbalances in the microbial community in your intestines may lead to metabolic syndrome, obesity, and diabetes. What does science say about how to reset our bodies?

^read this, and cultivate happy gut bacteria
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X